Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Faster access to customer service

Customer support

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good day.

We know from conversations here in the CC that reaching customer service can be challenging. Therefore, I am happy to let you know that we have made two updates to our app to make it easier to get support.

During an active trip when you’re faced with urgent situations (48 hours before a reservation, during a reservation, and 48 hours after guests check out) you will now be able to access contact information quickly—just open the app, go to “Profile”, tap “Help & Support”, and then tap “Contact Us”.

The second update gives you easy access to our Customer Experience Team, but this update can be used at any time, not just during an active trip. This feature allows you to send a message to an Airbnb Customer Experience team member directly in the app, just like you do to guests, and you can receive real-time push notifications when there’s a response, instead of having to call or send an email. This feature is currently available for English language beta testers, with plans to expand access to customers across all languages in the near future.

To find out more, take a look at our blog article.

What do you think about these updates? We’d love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

88 Replies 88
Sue151
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Well it has been almost two months now since I contacted customer service about a customer that stayed in my home and almost burnt it to the ground.  Luckly he just burnt the master bedroom carpet, walls, and some furniture.  All this because he plugged in a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone to charge it on the floor of the bedroom.  Customer service stills says no case manager.....are you kidding.  Carpet burned into the subflooring, blackchar everywhere, are you kidding no case manager.  Get me a case manager.  This is no way to treat your superhosts.

Renata-M0
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

I can find my place in search even it is listed and all the dates are free 

can anyone help ?

Hi, I am the owner of Golden Mile Beach B&B

My details are

Mobile  : 27 0837279084

E Mail : madogjon@iafrica.com

Lyn48
Level 2
Calabarzon, Philippines

Hi, maybe someone here can help me I have some payment received in my paypal account the problem is I cannot withdraw due to country limitation. Is there any other way to withdraw my money.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Lyn

Hi! I am angry! I resent being given a warning that I might loose my superhost status because a client asked to be cancelled, that I graciously went along with his request and cancelled his reservation only to be told I was going to be punished on two levels: the dates are not available AND I might lose my superhost status! To top it off, you send people on a wild goosechase when we try to contact somebody at ABNB to resolve the problem that will actually respond IMMIDIATELY! Airbnb makes an incredible profit from both hosts and clients. How you organize your business is your problem but how you respond to me becomes mine when I have to waste precious time to try and get some help. My phone number is 1-310-7177582, please have someone contact IMMIDIATELY with an answer...TODAY.

Fabienne Melchior

Fare Faby - Kailua, HI 96734 - USA

Graham16
Level 1
Church Stretton, United Kingdom

Hello to those who make decisions at airbnb,

Do you realise that there are millions of us out there who have iPhones (like the 1Phone4)

You are proudly telling us of the wonders of your systems BUT we CAN NOT use your App because it requires iOS 9 or 10.

My iPhone4 is "up-to-date" at iOS 7.1.2 so I can't use your App.

There is NO NEED to have your App set at that level, I have lots of Apps which run at lower levels.

YOU should set up an App at a lower level - OR you should offer SIMPLE access by E-mail

Niurka2
Level 1
Miami, FL

Sorry to say this but right now you are failing Florida, our guests who can not get back in the houses and are in a shelter or a borrowed space, are going back to host homes without doors, no electricity, or maybe not even a home left standing. Our airports are closed, they cant go home, they live out of the country, no AIRBNBs available as alternate, no hotels available, HELP.

Michael1116
Level 2
Hua Hin, Thailand

Is there a code that identifies my listing that I can send to people so they can check out the property? I have some friends of friends who are interested in booking our property but don't have dates yet. They do want to check out the property listing to ensure it fits their needs.

@Michael0 . Yes there is a code or link you can use for hhis purpoe. You can see it at anytime you wish via your profile info and when you are checking your account settings. So go explore the drop down menus on your dashboard and you will not only find it you will gain lots more info about how your ite is set up for you to manage. From time to time this is great housekeeping as Occasionally settins change due to an accidental tap by the host or an internet gremlin. Conducting a walkthrough on your website is like checking the rooms on your listing. You also get to observe and gain knowledge about how things are set up online, and you can spot things which are out of place then correct them.

Best regards Christine 

Golden Mile Beach B&B,

St Helena bay

Western Cape

South Africa

WE ARE ON THE BEACH !!!!

Timothy5
Level 2
Fairbanks, AK

This is a crock against Hosts. I actually have really enjoyed my relationship with AirBnB 97% of the time. I ~thought~ I was even a super Host, or should qualify as one, but evidently not, because.....

If there is ever an issue from a guest, even in the slightest, why does it seem AirBnB favors the Guests' word over the Hosts' word?

My complaint is my property being "paused" and the resultant loss of revenue for WEEKS, over a mere TWO separate guests that left negative reviews under 4 stars.  One crazy complained about "scratchy" bath towels, there not being a big enough bars of soap, and just 4 cooking pans, for a two night stay!; the other showed up at 3AM and couldn't figure out how to get inside...  These were situations and grievousneces that were at best outside of my control, and at worst the result of their vanity and/or ignorance. But yet, AirBnB is punishing our business for it. Our reservsations have dropped of the map. What the?!?

We have worked really hard to make these accommodations a really good value, clean, and professional. But, I can't seem to get Air BnB's ear.

Sadly, we are either going bankrupt with these AirBnB listings, or just taking them offline to become long-term rentals. There's nothing wrong with these rentals.

It could be win-win-win: For us, AirBnB, and guests. But because of a couple bad apples, and an apparent policy to trust guests' word over Hosts' word, it's looking more like lose-lose-lose.  I can't find a way to contact AirBnB as a Host, but it sure seems easy for Guests to do so at a moments notice. 

@Timothy5 wrote:

This is a crock against Hosts. I actually have really enjoyed my relationship with AirBnB 97% of the time. I ~thought~ I was even a super Host, or should qualify as one, but evidently not, because.....

If there is ever an issue from a guest, even in the slightest, why does it seem AirBnB favors the Guests' word over the Hosts' word?

My complaint is my property being "paused" and the resultant loss of revenue for WEEKS, over a mere TWO separate guests that left negative reviews under 4 stars.  One crazy complained about "scratchy" bath towels, there not being a big enough bars of soap, and just 4 cooking pans, for a two night stay!; the other showed up at 3AM and couldn't figure out how to get inside...  These were situations and grievousneces that were at best outside of my control, and at worst the result of their vanity and/or ignorance. But yet, AirBnB is punishing our business for it. Our reservsations have dropped of the map. What the?!?

We have worked really hard to make these accommodations a really good value, clean, and professional. But, I can't seem to get Air BnB's ear.

Sadly, we are either going bankrupt with these AirBnB listings, or just taking them offline to become long-term rentals. There's nothing wrong with these rentals.

It could be win-win-win: For us, AirBnB, and guests. But because of a couple bad apples, and an apparent policy to trust guests' word over Hosts' word, it's looking more like lose-lose-lose.  I can't find a way to contact AirBnB as a Host, but it sure seems easy for Guests to do so at a moments notice. 

Graeme24
Level 2
Kenilworth, Australia

Why can't we just ring and talk to someone? It is often much quicker and more efficeint.

Sadly, the answer to this is probably because as the service and membership grew the number of users who preferred to ring before reading the user guides on the help centre FAQs grew to the point of impossible to manage under the previous system. So now everyone is a little bit worse off. 

At this point use Twitter for faster response times. Summarise the issue and supply the name of your listing. Read the FAQs in the meantime they may not answer today's question but you will gain valuable insight to help you in a range of areas.

All the best to all.

Regards Christine 

@Graeme24 wrote:

Why can't we just ring and talk to someone? It is often much quicker and more efficeint.