Hosting live music performances in your home

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hosting live music performances in your home

Concerts.jpg

Hello everyone,

Here in the Community Center, we all have a range of interests and talents. In the past, many of you have shared how much you would like to host your own Airbnb Experience, and so I wonder if you have thought about hosting your own intimate performances in your home? Airbnb is giving the opportunity, in a limited number of cities, where you can do just that.

Pablo hosts intimate performances in his home in London. He shared, “The intensity and the appreciation I feel during my experiences is different than in traditional venues”. He hosts his Secret Gig with drinks & nibbles with new locals and travelers joining every time.

He recently released a new album, where he explores ideas of travel and what it means to break down barriers. He shares his new songs and the stories behind them while hosting an audience of new and old listeners.

You could bring live acoustic performances to an intimate and unexpected space — your home.  Set up the vibe, grab some snacks, and perform your best tunes for up to 20 guests. In the process you could earn up to $400* hosting your own show.

This is launching in a limited number of cities – San Francisco, Seattle, Nashville, London, and Sydney. Each proposed house show must  meet our quality standards and good neighbor guidelines before being published on Airbnb. Please note that specific rules may apply to hosting concerts in your city. If you would like to find out more about these rules, please speak to your local expert or seek independent legal advice.

Interested in hosting your own show or know someone who is? Head over to this page to find out more details.

*Potential earnings based on 20 guests booked with spots offered at $25 each. How much you actually make may vary with your pricing, actual occupancy, and other factors

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

16 Replies 16
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

This seems like a really niche product, one of those ideas that 'sounds great' but will turn out in the vast majority of cases to be completely unworkable due to liability and residential zoning issues.

I wish that airbnbn would focus on it's core competencies, which, um, could use some serious attention.

Gilberto62
Level 1
Denver, CO

Fantastic idea. With so much competition out there a merging can only make you stronger.