New programs to help hosts

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New programs to help hosts

Keynote Feb 18.jpg

Hello everyone,

We have exciting news about what’s next for hosts on Airbnb. Earlier today we announced some new programs to help you stand out, get recognized, and attract the guests who’ll love your home.

Get discovered

Now you can select additional predefined features and amenities, such as a private attached bathroom or self check-in, to more easily attract guests who are looking for a home like yours. To take advantage of these new features, update your listing details.

Get featured

By providing the right essentials and maintaining high reviews, you can get featured in a collection—a set of homes perfect for a specific trip or occasion. To find out more about collections, click here.

Stand out and earn more

Introducing Airbnb Plus, a new selection of high-quality homes with hosts known for great reviews and attention to detail. All Airbnb Plus homes are verified in-person for quality and comfort.

Get recognized

We’re updating the Superhost program to help hosts who go above and beyond get the promotion they deserve.

We’re also renewing our commitment to community standards to help ensure guests treat your home as if it’s their own, and providing clearer expectations so that hosts can more easily provide a great stay for their guests.

Watch the replay of CEO Brian Chesky’s livestream to learn more about these announcements (translated subtitles will be available soon).

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

68 Replies 68
Francoise108
Level 2
Palm Beach, Australia

https://abnb.me/6vP8dFj6dM

frustrating site, this is the third time I write a response, hopefully it does not collapse this time ....
correct once your photos have been uploaded ( you don’t do it yourself, they do it) you cannot add your own
as far as the descrotive text’, you don’t actually write it yourself either: you are asked a few questions and the way you answer is used by the site to write the brief descriptions, it took me about 3 times, to redo my answers in order to get the word « waterview « to be included - very frustrating and inappropriate
yes my girlfriend has her listed changed to PLUs but due to the fact that the harbour photos and location are not display, her booking have dropped
so last week’ she re- listed her appartment (using her own photos ) as a second listing
the Plus of being an Airbnb PLUs is that all the Plus listing come first when you do a search
hope that answer your question Matthew

@Francoise108

it does answer my questions, thank you taking the time to write your answer (three times!)

It is sort of brilliant to also publish a non-plus version of the listing.

I wonder which one will eventually get more bookings. (We know the Plus version will get more viewings.)

Lynette69
Level 2
Gold Coast, AU

Hi, I am disappointed with the idea of " Airbnb Plus" .  It will allow, a Host to pay $149- and  be given preference over the hard working conscientious Super Hosts and potential Super Hosts. Hosts strive to give our Guests a unique experience in our local environment. To be passed over, on payment of a fee belittles our efforts.  We qualify for both Business and families and object to what appears to be a revenue raising action by Airbnb, showing a total lack of loyalty to all existing and future Hosts .

Ed-and-Robb0
Level 5
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Just don't make the application more confusing that it is. Also remember we have two kind of families: a Man & a Woman together and a Man and Man together or Two Women together. So, be specific about family. We as HOSTS repect all the familes who respect us. We are a highly educated two men family (both with doctorate) who are liberals and accepts a man and women together or a man and a man together. Just let everyone have a share of it and keep all the HOSTS in place. 

Please change the way of reviewing guests. The hosts should have oportunity to see the guest reviews first before review them. Too hard to tell AirBnB the reality about some guests, because we can see their reviews before we can review them. 

Ed-and-Robb0
Level 5
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I agree with Lynette in Australia. Preferences should be for all. AirBnB be careful about the "AirBnB Plus" and also about the "family" thing. In this modern world the term "family" has a total new definition. 

Judy275
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Someone in China stole my account, can’t get into my profile. Customer Service said they would make a ticket but nothing was done. Help!!

Bao-Woon0
Level 2
Malaysia

i dono how to do this. What is this

Wendy40
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

I agree with Zappa. Since Instantbook was introduced my bookings with Airbnb are way down. We Airbnb our holiday home so do not live in the area. Instantbook doesn't work for me as I have to liase with too many people. Also disappointing is when I update my calendar with a booking from another site, I get a message from Airbnb recommending other listings in my area!

Maxine33
Level 7
Alexandria, VA

I love AIrbnb and think teh original premis is terrific.  It seems like, with these new changes, Airbnb is going more the route of Homeaway/VRBO.  That is okay but I would hate to see it totally abandon it's original purpose.   FTR,  I have a 'whole house' rental on the site myself.

Since Airbnb is doing so well, I wonder if it would consider advocating for its owners in communities that are running scared and trying to outlaw Airbnb properties.  When cities tried to shut our Uber, Uber puts it's money behind its drivers and fought for fair regulations.  So many people are petrified of "defacto hotel zones' in the middle of a residential neighborhood... it is crazy the amount of fearmongering the hotel industry is participating in.  An old fashioned, grassroots, PR campaign and liasing with local officials would go a long way in helping your hosts AND increasing your revenue.  Since Charleston outlawed short term rentals, my monthly income from my property has dropped by about 40%.  

Thanks for hearing me out.