New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Hasitha0
Level 2
Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka

Hello,

my name is Hasitha. i m from sri lanka in nuwaraeliya. In our city called little england. I mainly know airbnb increse my bookings before time. i want to thanx for that.so my problem is i cannot login to my extranet .

Nancy494
Level 2
Heusden-Zolder, Belgium

Hi Marjo, I was born and raised in San Francisco so I know it like the back of my hand 😉   I live in Belgium now for 7 years and also have 2 cats... I'm contemplating and information seeking on what is required/ costs etc to list an apartment in Calpe Spain on Airbnb.. any info is appreciated

Ron-And-Steph0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi folks:

Just started hosting a private apartment in the Roncesvalles neighbourhood. New to all this. I have a question about how I collect HST, service fees etc. from guests. I'm getting payments from airBnB via PayPal. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Ron van Logchem

Sarah1317
Level 2
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Hello everyone

I am new to Airbnb, however I ahve a friend who unfortunately has had a bad year and her Airbnb that she lets out has taken a back seat, because of this she has had a lot of negatvie reviews on her page. She is wondering if Airbnb always post all the reviews or is there a way she can hide these from her profile.

thanks

Kahfi0
Level 2
Malang, Indonesia

Hello, i'm Kahfi from Malang, Indonesia. I have some listing in Batu city near Malang. If you ever climb up to mount bromo, my city is near there if you come down from the mountain.

I joined into bnb from January 2017, i'm still very inexperienced and still seek enlightenment from this discussion forum.  If anyone from around my city please say hello and share some tips ,or if you want to ask some from my city (especially Malang or Batu) , I really welcome any questions, thanks and best regards

Linda941
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Hi all, I'm Linda from Flagstaff AZ.  My husband and I just started listing in April.  We turned te master bedroom into a studio with its own entrance.  Originally we had it listed with a manager under VRBO. from

Oct to March, Only had two guests.  We had a manager because we live part of the year in Anchorage Alaska.  I have lived there 50 years, my husband 46 years.  We bought the house in Flagstaf nine years ago for when we retired and would spend the winters down here.  Our daughter has lived in it in the mean time.

Now we are down here and I'm loving running the airbnb.  I have enjoyed meeting the guests and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.  Both my husband and I are retired, just this last year and this gives me a purpose. My parents always taught me if something is worth doing, its worth doing right. So I probably go a little overboard. My daughter thinks i'm nuts if i get out the ironing board to iron the sheets that are way to wrinkled.  How do others handle those wrinkles?

Now it's almost time for us to go back to Alaska.  I don't want to go.  I don't have resourses for the cleaning and emergencies.  My daughter is gone for months at a time.  I don't know how to go about finding the resources.  Any suggestions?  Maybe I'll just still here in my little paradise right now.

Sasha59
Level 2
Lithonia, GA

Hi I'm new to airbnb just welcome my first guests may 18 feeling excited 

Hi i am hosting in Jamaica St Andrew .ten minutes drive from Norman Manley International Airport ,and 5 minutes to Bob Marley Beach am fun and spantaneous .Have a productive day everyone. 

Patricia1127
Level 1
Nassau, The Bahamas

Good morning everyone and greetings from the BAHAMAS ! I’m Patricia and my 12 yr old daughter and I became SUPERHOSTS IN LESS THAN 6 months just doing what we love! 

Karen971
Level 1
Louisville, KY

I’m new here! Thanks for the welcome email!

Magi-and-Connie0
Level 2
Sunny Isles Beach, FL

Hello My name is Magi,

I am from Miami, Florida. We started our Airbnb from November 2017 due to the delay of Hurricane Irma. Wehave done very well and love to read the message boards to get informed.

Fun Facts is I love music and would love to start doing the airbnb concerts in our Villas.

Thanks and gald to be part of the this community.  

Evgeniy2
Level 1
Yekaterinburg, Russia

Hello my name is Eugene, I'm from Russia from the city of Yekaterinburg, I'm glad to welcome everyone on this site

John-C-0
Level 2
Gadsden, AL

I am John and I am a superhost here in Alabama.  What has helped me become so popular is to have a niche.  I try to be more than just a host.  I encourage people to take up my offer in letting me show them around town.  I also greet people in "character."  I have a suplus of Halloween costumes I wear when I meet people and it breaks the ice and disarms people.  It can be fun as well.  I also have gone to Spencer's gag gifts and purchased toilet paper that has Donald Trump's photo on it and also have toilet paper with Obama's photo or the democratic party donkey emblem.  I am an equal opportunity non descriminate jokester.  I also have some other decorations that make people laugh.  What I have learned is, is that laughter is universal.  I may not have the "bells and whistles" of what some other hosts have but the think I would encourage is to maximize what you have for free and create a unique experience no one else can even those who have a more built in financial advantage - John

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute everyone, 

I am Miloud, new host, from Morocco. And i am so glad to be with you and meet nice people at community center. 

Thanks, 

Miloud 

Gerry47
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

Hi I'm Gerry and I just became a host here In Long Beach, California! Nice to meet everyone.