New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Dennis259
Level 2
West Shokan, NY

Hi, I'm Dennis from the Catskill Mountains in New York State.  I am happy to introduce myself on the Community page.  I have only been hosting AirBnB for a few months but I'm now a Superhost and I'm very excited about all the people that I have been meeting and connecting with.  

Lisa1468
Level 2
Lawrenceburg, IN

Hi, my name is Lisa Barker.  My airbnb is in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, USA.  We are close to the Creation Museum and the Ark.  Yes, it is a life sized Ark.  I am happy to be an integral part of the AirBNB community.  Another building I have is in Milan.  Not Italy, but Indiana.  Home of the Milan Indians, from where "Hoosiers" was born, starring Gene Hackman.  The Sophistocated Milan Loft and Brick Courtyard are those creations.  I have so much more to do and am very passionate about this business.

Greetings!  I hope this finds all of my Airbnb counterparts finding great success in their journey!  My name is Peggy.  I live in beautiful Lower Alabama near the Gulf Coast.  My home is near Weeks Bay, which is an estuary and research area for gulf wildlife.  It is an amazing place to call home.  I am originally from Indiana, stayed for a spell in St. Augustine, FL before deciding to put my roots in the Gulf Coast. 

I live with my dog Remi, an energetic Border Collie Rescue, and have a 4 br house.  I now work in the vacation industry..so this just made sense.  I rent out a 2br guest suite with one bath (I do not split the suite).  I am considering a rental of the 3rd bedroom with a shared bath with me.  Next year's goal is a luxury outdoor bath so it would also be a separate suite.

I look forward to learning, traveling and sharing experiences.  "May your pockets be heavy, and your heart be light"   https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28584430?s=5

Muslima0
Level 2
Miami, FL

Muslima, here.  Brand new to hosting.  I've enjoyed being a guest in a number of places (more than are listed in my profile - which has been a good lesson for me on how important it is to get timely reviews ).  It has been a steep learning curve these last few days, but I'm getting the hang of it.  I am glad there is a community here for support.

Richard989
Level 2
Trelill, United Kingdom

Hello fellow hosts!

@Quincy suggested I post here to say hello to everyone after finally finding time to join the Community a couple of days ago.

I'm Richard and I'm from Cornwall in South West England. 5 years ago I opened up our family home (800-year-old Pengenna Manor set in 300 acres of private farmland and woodland not far from the North coast) for weddings and events, and this summer I took the plunge to open it up further and put it out there on Airbnb too!

It's been a great summer, welcoming some fab guests from all over the World. I've made new friends and even a couple of new business connections! Being an old property not every room is en-suite so we only have 2 available for Airbnb at the moment out of our total of 5 restored bedrooms (there are another 5 un-restored!), but I'm working on that. 🙂

In my spare time (what's that?!) I enjoy dining out, local history, art and photography. Oh and walking the Manor's resident Springer Spaniel dog Zack who all our guests love!

I look forward to talking with some of you soon.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Richard989!

Lovely to see you around here and thank you for introducing yourself!

Wow, you've got an amazing place—I know where to book next time I'm nearby Cornwall ;-).

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sohna0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

hello. My name is Sohna and I am glad to be a part of something so wonderful. 

Tori34
Level 2
Piscataway Township, NJ

Hello Everyone!

This is my first time using Airbnb and am having a positive experience thus far. I will most definitely continue to use Airbnb on my next venture to California or Virginia; where I often visit for work outside of my home state in New Jersey. 

Elizabeth1001
Level 1
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

Hi I am Elizabeh and live in Milton Keynes UK. I have been a host for 5 years ( with a small break in 2017) mostly of superhost status which I work hard to maintain.

I really enjoy hosting although it is hard work when I run another full time business as well.

Livia84
Level 1
Tirana, Albania

Hello everyone, my name is Livia.

Actually I have two apartaments at Airbnb in Tirana, Albania. 

I'm originary from Albania, but I live in Nice, France. Even if I miss a lot my home country, I love beeing here in Nice and get to know new people and visiting new places.

I speak 4 languages : Albanian, Italian, English and French and  this last month I've started to learn Spanish. 

I'm happy to get to know everyone of you 🙂 .

Wish you a great day !!!!

Michelle1227
Level 2
Myshall, Ireland

hello everyone , I live in Ireland and have been doing Airbnb now for a year , so far its been a great experience 

Kimberley40
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

Hello,  My Name is Kimberley.  I have a Dog, a Rabbit, 4 Kids, and a Husband = 5 kids.  I Love travel, and have been to Europe (16 Countries), Mexico and Central America.  My next endeavor is Austraila and New Zealand. 

Steff-and-Kerwin0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi.  Happy to contribute to the converstion(s).   We’ve been hosting a cottage in Northern Ontario, Canada for a few years now.  Happy to share our experiences and learn from yours.  Cheers.

Liza-And-Angela0
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum.  My sister and I have a house in Johannesburg that we rent through Airbnb,  I also have my home in Madison Wisconsin, but that is listed via the US Airbnb site. 

I have really enjoyed Airbnb until just recently when I lost my Superhost status in the US to a very strange guest experience.  He wrote me a nasty review, stating that the beds were too hard , my stairs too steep and  the TV didn't work.  Interesting that the person who shows my guests around when I am gone, never even met this person, there was no sign of anyone being in the house and  she was  certain that he never came .  There was no communication with her even though she tried multiple times to reach him.  When the TV repair person came to fix the TV,  the cords were switched by someone,  I can only surmise it was this person.  I have invested a lot in my place,  I have stellar reviews, and this man has killed my chances as Airbnb informed me that I would not show up in searches.  What can I do?  Any ideas?  This is hugely frustrating as it is part of my livlihood and that of my friend.  We try really hard to be welcoming and offer a great place to stay.  I would love some advice if anyone has any.   Many thanks! 

Adel30
Level 1
Marrakesh, Morocco

Hello everyone, I am from Dades Valley, Morocco, I hope everyone is having a good time right now and enjoying being a member of Airbnb 😊