New, unique Community Center usernames

Airbnb
Official Account

New, unique Community Center usernames

EN.png

We’re updating each Community Center member’s username so it’s unique and easily searchable. Now you’ll be able to make sure you’re mentioning the right @Annie or @Guillermo in your posts and replies.

Here’s how it will work: We will automatically add numbers to the end of your existing username to make it unique. To keep it simple, you won’t be able to further customize your username, but this change should help you find hosts and be found by them in the online Community.

We’re excited about this change and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just reach out to your Online Community Managers here in the Community Center, @Lizzie@Stephanie or @Quincy.

132 Replies 132
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Diego541 , 

thanks for the heads up.

I've investigated into this and found out, that airbnb will be assigning numbers to their departements. Here's the preliminary list that I've got:

@ airbnb1 …..... the guest is always right - departement

@ airbnb2 …..... unjustified refund - dept.

@ airbnb3 …..... we don't delete retaliatory reviews - dept.

@ airbnb4 …... the houserules don't matter – dept.

They're working on more numbers. I'll let You know as soon as I know.

LOL 😄 @Ute42  hahaha

@Branka0 & Silvia1, you are the only hosts with that name I think! Excellent, congrats.

Thanks @Ute42 !!! jajaja

Hahaha!!!

LOL. I love this. Made my day. 

Why can't I pick my own numbers ?

Lisa1063
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

I think I must get allocated to airbnb4 - houserules don't matter department! 

Is there one where they do matter?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Diego541 and @Ute42,

Well we didn't want the Airbnb account to feel left out of the update, now did we...we thought it could do with a bit of jazzing up and sparkle so we plumped for number 4! hehe 🙂

In all seriousness though, the team are still doing a few tweaks on this, so this username it is likely to change.

How are you finding the change? There are a few things the team need to iron out, but I hope you will see the benefits for it.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@lizzie You're response is in poor taste.  @Ute42  and  @Diego541   are absolutely right by throwing a jab @Airbnb .  Over time, it has been my experience that you care less about your Host and Host experience.

…..... the guest is always right - many times, the host has no voice

…... unjustified refunds - the guests can complain about something minor and get a full nights refund, as if they didn't spend the night, soil the linen, use the utilities, and add to the wear and tear of the property.

…... we don't delete retaliatory reviews - if there is a claim or complaint against a guest, why does @Airbnb still allow that guest to leave a review. I've had pics of guests menstrual cycle on the mattress and a whole in the wall. And @Airbnb   allowed guest to leave a retaliatory review. Guest complained balcony door couldn't close and it was a very cold winter night. Then contradicted himself by saying the room was too hot he had to sleep downstairs. He also complained about a bug in his suitcase. Not only was his review filled with lies, the guest extended his stay by 2 days.  Yet @Airbnb still allowed this review.  This is one of many examples.

…... the house rules don't matter – even though host have clear written house rules; @Airbnb  overlook this when processing claims and making decisions.

..... pay as little as possible for claims -  @Airbnb  refuses to cover full cost associated with replacing items. Try replacing a mattress or furniture item. Airbnb will not cover taxes, nor delivery cost. Even though that was a part of the initial expense

I could complain about a lot but overall I like the @Airbnb community. However, I wish  @Airbnb  would make Host feel appreciated.  And if you can't just get rid of retaliatory reviews so that it doesn't ruin our business. This is a serious matter.

Thank you for leaving this message. I am thoroughly STEAMED with anger because of everything you and @Ute42 posted. It is mildly reassuring to know it's not just me. But waiting over *9+ days* for an inadequate and dismissive reply from CS about a VOLATILE, MANIPULATIVE  and UNHINGED guest...

SILENCE.

They clearly DO NOT care about the hosts. At ALL. 😡😤😳

How do I make this name? Can’t see anywhere it lets me do this 😖 

So, I know I'm older, but I haven't the faintest idea what this is number is all about. 

@Crystal4  It's nothing- the numbers were simply assigned after the names to make it easier to tag someone you are responding to here on the forum. The numbers don't relate to anything else and have nothing to do with your actual Airbnb account.

The way it used to work is that if you were trying to tag someone in a thread, only 5 names would come up, but not all the names of participants in a topic thread. Now, if you don't find the name, if you start typing it in, other lists of names will come up and when you finish typing the @symbol, the name, and number as it appears here, that name will appear in the drop-down box and you click on it. (P.S. Lots of us are old 🙂 )

What is tagging?