New, unique Community Center usernames

Airbnb
Official Account

New, unique Community Center usernames

EN.png

We’re updating each Community Center member’s username so it’s unique and easily searchable. Now you’ll be able to make sure you’re mentioning the right @Annie or @Guillermo in your posts and replies.

Here’s how it will work: We will automatically add numbers to the end of your existing username to make it unique. To keep it simple, you won’t be able to further customize your username, but this change should help you find hosts and be found by them in the online Community.

We’re excited about this change and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just reach out to your Online Community Managers here in the Community Center, @Lizzie@Stephanie or @Quincy.

132 Replies 132
Marlene-and-Merv0
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

I'm not sure how to find out what username has been assigned to me.

@Marlene-and-Merv0   It's right there, next to your profile photo, just as I've tagged you.

Sarah, thank you so much. I saw it once I had typed the question. I appreciate you responding to me, very much. 

I wanted to find out how other hosts are communicating to guests booked in June or later about potential of cancellations. I had a guest ask me today if we plan on canceling reservations if this COVID situation deteriorates further. 

All I could tell him is that we hope to be able to host them in June and would only have to cancel if directed by our government, to help prevent the spread of COVID. 

How do I find out my new user name with the numbers added to it?

Oh, I see. I Just find it out.

Nancy412
Level 2
Hillsdale, MI

I would much rather be anonymous to avoid retribution

Muchas gracias @Airbnb !!!

Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

How do I write and join the conversation?

Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

I guess I discovered.  I am preparing to rent a second room.  It has no bathroom wo it would be a shared bathroom.  

I also want to know if anyone has the same set up and how do we keep them, because it is going to be two bedroom one bath, or one suite or one bedroom shared bathroom.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanka you and happy Fourth

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Regina114  What you want to do when you have a question here, is to start a new topic, which you do by clicking on the red bar "Start a Conversation", on the first page of the Hosting or Help sections. Or do a search by typing in key words to see if there is already a thread running that might answer your question, or you could add to it. 

If you tack a question post onto a thread which has nothing to do with your topic, like you did here, hardly anyone will see it, so you won't get many responses.

I only saw it because I was already subscribed to this thread. 

But since I'm here anyway, I'll try to answer your question. What you need to do is create 3 separate listings, all under your account. One for one of the bedrooms, one for the other, and one for both together. Then you have to link the calendars, so if both bedrooms get rented separately, the other listings become unavailable.

So what you'd have is:

Listing #1 One bedroom with shared bath.

Listing #2 One bedroom with ensuite bath.

Listing #3 Two bedrooms with shared bath.

If I understand you correctly as far as what you want to be able to do. For each listing, only show the bedroom and common spaces that a guest would use. For the 2 bedroom listing, you show both bedrooms.

Thank you.  so well explained that even I could understand.  I really appreciate.

Marla35
Level 2
Leander, TX

Agreed! It would be easier if you picked your own numbers!!

@Marla35  "Easier" how? Why? What does it matter? It's just a feature which allows you to tag any poster in a thread on this forum.

Leebeth-Ann0
Level 2
Fairfax, VT

Not a fan of a zero at end of my name:(

Cathy78
Level 2
Bedford, OH

@Lizzie@Stephanie or @Quincy

I was just assigned @Cathy78 as my username. This makes it sound like I was born in 1978. I was born in 1980 and being 40 is traumatic enough, 42 is even worse, Ha Ha!  

Is there a way you can please change my username?  I’d really hate to have been assigned Cathy69 or Cathy666, those would be even worse.