New, unique Community Center usernames

Airbnb
Official Account

New, unique Community Center usernames

EN.png

We’re updating each Community Center member’s username so it’s unique and easily searchable. Now you’ll be able to make sure you’re mentioning the right @Annie or @Guillermo in your posts and replies.

Here’s how it will work: We will automatically add numbers to the end of your existing username to make it unique. To keep it simple, you won’t be able to further customize your username, but this change should help you find hosts and be found by them in the online Community.

We’re excited about this change and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just reach out to your Online Community Managers here in the Community Center, @Lizzie@Stephanie or @Quincy.

132 Replies 132
Christopher679
Level 2
Folkestone, United Kingdom

We should be able to pick and choose our usernames like email addresses.. If it's taken choose another  . I would like Schonning

Josh200
Level 2
Hot Springs, AR

For the most part I’m super pleased with everything having to do with the Airbnb community but if I wanted to change my user name I would. If it’s not broke don’t fix it.

Anastasia5
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV

I don't feel "unique" being number 5 lol

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Screenshot_20190727-140517.png

PaulAndKaren0
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

I am also looking for an experienced Airbnb cleaning crew to clean a potential Airbnb in the Altura Park area. You can contact me via email: Psantacruz1@icloud.com.

Thanks

Paul

Lorraine--Lawrie-0
Level 2
Hardwicke Bay, Australia

Thanx Lizzie

Patricia1548
Level 2
Madison, WI

Hello Airbnb, being assigned a number that I have not chosen does NOT make me (feel) more unique; it makes me feel like a number!  You should have and should give your community members  the opportunity to pick said number.  We should not have to fish for instructions on how to do this; it should have been and should be part of the transition process. 

May I please request: Patricia03710?

Thanks in advance for your help.

@Lizzy0 @Stephanie @Quincy @Lizzy0 

Lisa736
Level 2
Wamberal, Australia

I too would have liked to pick my own numbers so I would remember who I am. Or at least consulted....

Erik232
Level 2
Brooklyn Center, MN

I found that my number is part of my address. Easy to remember! 

Itamar6
Level 2
Tel Aviv, Israel

Why can't we just change it to our username, like every other forum on the web? You choose a username which is connected to your airbnb account and it shows the username and not your first name with a number after it.

Mine is Itamarvh for example, no number and it is always free 🙂 Consider it.

Melissa552
Level 2
Ajax, Canada

I want my own number thanks

Andrea164
Level 3
Manchester, CA

You've got to be kidding me!  I guess I haven't joined the discussion lately because I haven't seen this system of identifying us as a number in the community forum until now.  What is this crock o stimpy?  If the Community needed fixing, why not ask us for suggestions?  I could take a shot at the percentile of members happy with their airbnb designated username but I'd be wasting my time.  It seems no one's listening to the 65 requests to choose our own #, if we must have one.

Colette93
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I am new to this so I have a lot to learn....

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Airbnb @Lizzie 

Numbers have been great however are all those wee glitches sorted out?
It's so much easier to find other CC members with numbers & I like the way one can pop them up using say 23 to find all the 23's prefix numbers regardless of what the last digits are.

How are others finding this system?

Much appreciated

Central To All Home and Location

Sephlin0
Level 2
Rexburg, ID

I would like to pick my own numbers. Thank you 🙏