need to get in contact with air bnb, but how?

Ivo45
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

need to get in contact with air bnb, but how?

Guys, I need to get in contact with air bnb. Been struggling to reach them. Not so happy about there service any more. 

I'f send them an message via there website, tryed to call like 6 times and even left them a request to call me back on there own website.... Who knows how to reach air bnb?

What happend:

Ive booked an accomodation on 6 october. It was a last minute booking. I was in Rio Lagartos (Yucatan, Mexico) but because of the threatening weather forecast (Tropical Storm Nate) this morning I was forced to book an accomodation outside the 'danger-zone'. 

Eventually I decided that it was not convenient for my group to stay at this place. So I decided to call Jèsus the house owner to talk with him about canceling the booking (within 2 hours after the original reservation). He said it was not a problem to cancel and he would look at the application to start the cancellation process. 

At last, he didn't do anything and he got paid for the days I didn’t stay in his house. 

I've called him once more to check and he said that he didn't know how to start the cancellation. So I tried to help him by sending the airbnb-app invitation for canceling as a huse owner. 

As by now, he's not answering any of my calls and texts. 

Can you please help me to get in contact with air bnb so i will finaly get a change to get my money back? 

3 Antwoorden 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello,

It is clear to me you allready have the Airbnb phone-number and other contact possibilities.

Also twitter @AirbnbHelp sometimes works fine for a quick answer.

Looking at your case, from my personal(!) opinion as an airbnb- host, you made a mistake:

You made a reservation, but afterwards wanted to cancel it.

You had to contact Airbnb immediately to explain the special situation and ask them to cancel.

Or you had to cancel it yourself and then contact Airbnb (within 24 hours) for a refund of your cancelation-costs, referring to the "special circumstances".

Asking the host to cancel is not correct, it's not his fault or problem you don't want to stay there anymore.

If the host would have cancelled your reservation, he would also have been penalised by Airbnb, that's not what he wants.

If Airbnb is not responding, your only option left is asking the host to pay you back some of the money via Airbnb resolution centre, as a gesture of goodwill.

Please read also:

https://www.airbnb.nl/help/article/544/what-is-airbnb-s-guest-refund-policy

Best regards,

Emiel

Shar1
Level 1
Blaricum, Netherlands

Hi Emiel,

Very kind of you.

Do you k now how i can make an experience/ervaring on AirBnB?? I can't find the button anymore. Please help

Thank you

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hallo,

It's not a button, it's an option in your account-menu

Click on your acount(photo) in right upper corner, select from menu: experience (or in Dutch: ervaring organiseren)

Best regards,

Emiel

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf