1 month booking problem

Matt45
Level 1
Denver, CO

1 month booking problem

I have the price set for $700. But when the guest tries to book for a month it tells him over $1000... why is it doing this?
4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Matt45 I think you're the victim of an AirBnB "beta" test gone awry. I say that because I've never seen the ability for a host to set general weekly or monthly rates. Instead, most hosts can set weekly/monthly percentage discounts. Your listing, on the other hand, clearly has general weekly and monthly *rates*, not discounts.

If I were you, I'd get in touch with AirBnB. First, I'd describe the issue you're experiencing. Second, I'd complain about being an uniformed guinea pig. They need to hear that, as they do it ALL THE TIME. (I know this from personal experience AND from insider information.)

Ok. Thanks!
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Matt45

It could be a case of different kind of $$$.

@Marit-Anne0 and @Matt45, The price discrepancy could be a case of USD vs Canadian or Australian or NZD. But the weird weekly/monthly rate aspect makes me suspect some AirBnB experimentation gone awry. As I mentioned, I've never encountered anything like that.

However, today (unlike yesterday) I don't see the weird weekly/monthly pricing. I see the normal weekly/monthly discounts (which are set to zero, which is cool). So, @Matt45, did you figure out what was going on?