2015 taxes

2015 taxes

Hello everyone,

This was my first year hosting on AirBNB and i was curious if AirBNB will send me a 1099 forum with a earnings statement and tax information, or how i go about gettting this information?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jake and Rachele

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Yes, @Rachele-and-Jake0 you will get a 1099K showing your gross earnings, before the 3% Airbnb commision.  I believe they send it out at the end of January.  

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Rachele-and-Jake0 Update:  A fellow US host I know just received notification from Airbnb that they will only be sending 1099K's to those hosts who had reportable income of $20,000 and had 200 or more transactions.  Stay tuned for more info from Airbnb. 

You also can go into your dashboard and pull earning reports, so even if you don't get a 1099 you still have all the earning info that you need for reporting of income.

I just looked at the info that is in my dashboard for year end reporting and it's laid out really well.  Although I keep and track all kinds of data myself it was really great to see this very clear snapshot. 

Justin6
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Hi there! I found this document on airbnb's website, and it helped me determine whether my income was taxable or not, based on how my apartment was used for renting:

http://assets.airbnb.com/eyguidance/us.pdf

I have not received a 1099, but did get an email saying "tax inforamtion was ready," however the link did not work. I only rented for 14 days last year and my gross income was nowhere near the $20k minimum airbnb has set to receive a 1099. As far as I know, this document should help you determine if your income needs to be reported still or not if you do not receive a tax document. 

Hope that helps! 
Justin