30 day delayed payout?

30 day delayed payout?

Hi I'm a new host. Just had my first checkin last night, all seems well.

Upon reading the site, I come to find out that ABB can hold your payout for 30(!!!!!!!) days after the guest has checked in?

What the H..... is this? I have to wait a full month to get paid? Anyone else had this experience?

8 Replies 8
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

This is always true for first payout. After you are an established host payouts will come approximately 24 hours after guest checkin

Thanks. And how long does it take to become "established?"

With the second reservation/guest, @Inge32

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Not "always..." I had no wait for mine. I had ACH as primary with an option for PayPal. Then I put credit card into my guest profile. The more info they have on you - it seems - the quicker the first payout.

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

My suggestion to you is two things:

1. Go to the "Guest" section ... Ie: flip between host & guest for your profile. Add a credit card. This tells AirBnB that if a payout happens to you and the guest does a chargeback, they are not screwed and can get the money back.
  2. Ensure you have your banking ACH info set as primary. Most people that allow ACH - it is said (hint-hint)- have less problems than people that choose PayPal.

Thanks for the tips!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Inge32,

Welcome to the Community Center!

It's great to see that you've received so many helpful answers from all the members. I just want to let you know that I found an article in the Help Center about 'Payouts'. 

I hope you find this useful!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

What is HCH ? Thank you for you advice