3rd Party booking, claims used wife's account

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

3rd Party booking, claims used wife's account

It's one of those days.

Just received a text message from the "husband" of a guest scheduled to arrive in 2 days.   Says he used her account to book,   and will be coming with a friend.  # does not match account;  first I've heard of it;  flexible cancellation.

Ask person to add husband's photo and name to the account?  Other?

3 Replies 3
Lyndsey2
Level 10
Stonington, CT

Oof, that's a tough one. I say go with your gut for one of the following options: ask to add husband's info to the account and also send the name of the friend he is traveling with. Or call Airbnb and have them cancel for you. I'd probably go with the first one and then decide if I'm comfortable with the results. But sheesh, that would piss me right off. 

Paul642
Level 2
Hanover, MN

How did it work out I am in similar situation I have some time to figure it out

Lisa367
Level 10
Catania, Italy

we've been hosting for almost 3 years and have had this happen several times.  call airbnb 415 - 800 - 5959 and tell the to deal with it.  third party bookings are not allowed and you are not insured unless the owner of the account is there at the time of check in.  dont put yourself at risk.  the times that we had someone book on someone elses account were ALWAYS parents who booked on their kids accounts.  airbnb cancelled the reservations immediately when i called.  once they canceled, they made arrangements to book on their own accounts instead.  we didnt lose the booking at all and in the end it was done legally.