A guest asked to cancel and I cancelled it for them and now my host percentage has gone down

Maureen79
Level 1
Fitzroy North, Australia

A guest asked to cancel and I cancelled it for them and now my host percentage has gone down

Hi,

A few months ago a guest told me they needed to cancel the trip. For some reason they were not able to do it so I offered to cancel it from my end. I didn't realise this would lower my percentage and make me look bad! I just had the rating sent through and it says I could be suspended and I'm not able to be a superhost due to this cancelation. 

Does anyone know how I can have this reversed?

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Maureen79

Unfortunately it sounds like you have fallen into the trap that we see quite often on these forums, and not read through how cancellations work with Airbnb before doing this. Have a look at Airbnb's Help Centre - host cancellations and you will see the impact of cancelling as a host.

There is no reason you guest couldn't have cancelled the booking. All they had to do was go into their booking at hit the CANCEL button on their booking.

Give Airbnb a call now.  They should be able to see through Airbnb messaging that your guest wanted to cancel the booking. Ask them if they can set this as a guest cancellation.