A resolution adjustment for an unknown resolution?

Premika0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

A resolution adjustment for an unknown resolution?

Has anybody ever had an amount deducted from the payout from Airbnb described as " Resolution adjustment for a resolution" whose case number is totally unknown???

This is what happened to me!!!! Out of the blue, Airbnb decided to deduct from my payout 200 USD as "resolution adjustment to resolution 1956732" (something that I never heard of before strangely enough...)...it's been 5 days since I have been sending twitters, contacting customer support to try and get clarifications as to what this is all about, they all replied that "their  colleague will contact me shortly" and that's it!!!!!!! It's been like this for 5 days!!!!!!

Is this normal that it should take so long to check? What should I do???? Where did this money go to???  Whose account???? Why can't they give me an answer?? Strange things has been going on inside Airbnb...All this looks very suspicious to me...

22 Replies 22
Cj61
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

This is happening to me now... $209 to be paid to a guest who is still with me and has not complained... he is confused as well... On-the-other-hand, Airbnb has not paid back to him reimbursement for a shortened stay (which was agreed amicably between us as his circumstances had changed).

Simon2607
Level 1
BA, Germany

Apparantly the Resolution adjustment is a payment to a guest that cancelled previously due to Corona and the money was given to you at the point the guest should have come but never repaid. It has nothing to do with the current booking that it was adjusted with. Check the date next to the payment adjustment to see which previous guest it patains to and check that you got the money back then. Good luck. Simon

Sarah3508
Level 2
Gloucester, United Kingdom

This has happened to me also. Airbnb have just taken £128 from a booking they say is relating to an issue in April 2020?! (3 and a half months ago).

I've not had any bookings/payment from airbnb since August 2019. No enquiries/bookings during Covid (obviously) Feb - June 2020. I had my first enquiry/booking since Covid in July 2020 and accepted. No issues with the guests. When payment came through they had deducted £128 due to "Resolution Adjustment". I had no bookings/payemnts/guests stay on the date they refer the issue to (April 2020).

It is so frustrating. I've tried contacting Airbnb Support but they keep shutting the converstation down and say someone else will deal with it, and then no one contacts me! It's been 4 days now. I will try Twitter as per previous recommendation, however I don't use Twitter! Please let me know if anyone has any other advice? Many thanks!

The same goes for me - money was deducted with no reason and no answer to my message for 4 days... This is very strange. 

As far as I see this deduction concerns a canceled booking from March this year, when a full refund was given to the guest and no penalties were applied. I have also not got any payout for this reservation, therefore deducting this amount from my account is totally absurd 😞 

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

It happened to me several times. Turns out to be a decided refund for a specific reservation, that some Airbnb representatives process it as a special resolution payment instead of refunding from the original reservation. It usually happens when a guest directly contacts Airbnb and the customer service representative wants to process it immediately instead of consulting the host.

Frank1250
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I just received an unexplained $99 Resolution Adjustment. Called AirBnB. They couldn’t explain and would not remove and pay me the $99. They said someone will call me. No complaints from guest and no documentation from AirBnB. Very suspicious and unethical 

Sue1653
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

Ditto.  In my case they deducted $500 from a payout on a guest staying August 2020 and referred to a "Resolution Adjustment" dated Dec. 30, 2014.  It has been 14 days now and no response to my request for a valid explanation or my money refunded.  This is just unethical!