Accuracy of Listing Details

Laura446
Level 2
Portland, OR

Accuracy of Listing Details

I'm trying to figure out if it is better to list my space as a Private Room or Entire House/Apartment. Right now it is set to Entire House/Apartment. My space is an entire basement floor. It has a seperate entrance, is blocked off from the rest of the house, has a bedroom, bathroom, and living room. It does not have a full kitchen but has mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and electric kettle. 

Also, on the app it says 1 room, even though there are 2 rooms (only 1 bedroom). It seems to me that neither option is completely accurate for my setup. Even though I describe the place in the description section, I don't want someone to dock me on accuracy because of the categorization. 

Does anyone have a similar setup? 

1 Reply 1
James1
Level 10
SF, CA

@Laura446 I have lots of friends hosting on airbnb who have very similar setups. It's quite common. I have heard airbnb may expand the choices of 'Room Type' to add setups like yours, a suite. On the basement issue I might put 'Basement Suite' in the 'Summary' paragraph under 'Description' just so nobody misses it. Also include a photo of the steps or approach to the unit that shows stepping down, perhaps include you or your partner in a photo, whoever is taller, and caption the photo something like "here's my husband bob who is 5' 11". I'm 6' 4" and I would not rent your space though it is very attractive and a great value.