Activate Instant Booking and only have verified guests booking

Answered!
Alexandra-and-Aksam0
Level 1
Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Activate Instant Booking and only have verified guests booking

Hi,

I was thinking of activating the instant booking feature but I am afraid that my setting saying that only verified guests can book my listing will be ignored.

Can anyone confirm that it is still possible to select the "Anyone in the Airbnb Community" under the Who Can Book section and still only have verified guests booking?

Thanks to anyone who will take the time to read this and an even bigger thank you if you take the time to reply.

1 Best Answer
Tanya-and-Alex0
Level 5
Sofia, Bulgaria

Hi, 

Absolutely - when you have this setting it is also valid for Instant Booking. Guests have to verify themselves before making an instant booking with you. 

Best

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51

Hi Arielle,
Go to manage your listing. Then go to the booking section. Under guest requestto book, – select change – Then select Review Each Request. Hope this helps! 
I know what you mean. I can possibly get more bookings with it on but the guests seem less inclined to answer my questions when contacted. It makes me uneasy.     – Deborah

I tried instant book for a year. I only had three guests who used it (my calendar was pretty full last year). I have it turned off now because local bookings are now exceeding the number of bookings I get from airbnb and flipkey. If I run into someone in town that wants the house I can tell them if it is available or not. I won't have to run home to block off the calendar before someone else books the same days. Since the airbnb android app hasn't worked for almost a year I cannot access my calendar to make changes when I am not at my computer.

Yes, With Airbnb I cannot see if guests are verified on my android phone or ipad. I have to wait until I am at my computer to see this or update the calendar. If I am away from my computer, I could lose a booking after a few hours go by. Airbnb needs more tech gurus. Maybe they can get help from Google,FB or Microsoft?

Kevin, What might help is if you make sure you tell Airbnb that you will only accept Verified guests by setting that up on their site online. That way, if they are not verified, they won't be able to even request a stay as a guest in your home. I did it and all my guests who inquire are verified. It works. Please note though, if you request verification from quests, you also, as a host will also have to go through the verification process initially if you haven't already. This should solve your problem in a nutshell.

We've been using instant booking, but I'm turning it off after today. Two recent bookings were a problem, even though they showed they were verified. One was a couple that were an instant book and verified, but they left our house in a horrible, horrible  mess. Then, we had an instant book and they stayed one night.....overslept and didn't check out until 2.5 hours past check out time and our place had to be aired out. These were last minute, arriving within an hour or two of instant booking. I feel I need more time to check people out.

I did not sign up for instant book and was shocked to receive an Airbnb notice about a booking that someone made without my approval.  I am not happy that Airbnb basically "slammed" my account which is the same thing that phone companies are accused of doing (tacking on services that you never approved).  Has anyone else had this experience recently?  After the fact I went to manage my listing and of course saw the instant book feature was acitvated. I have set up verification as a precaution.

I have reached out to the guest to ask them about their group and the reason for their trip as we vett our guest carefully.  

I am willing to try it for a few weeks but it was a shock and not ok that Airbnb did this without my permission irregardless that they say I can cancel any reservation with which I am not comfortable.

I would appreciate any feedback.

How do you get so many local listings?

I just received notice of a booking that I did not approve.  I did not sign up for instant book either.  Airbnb basically changed my settings without my knowledge or permission. This is very aggressive on their part.  Not cool Airbnb.

Sorry repeated message so deleted

I am a new host.  As soon as I switched to Instant Booking I got four new guest.  We were nervouse but we can still cancel if needed.  I did not do the verified guest. Good luck.

I strongly suggest that you require the verified status so you will know WHO you are welcoming into your home. Especially if you take the chance on instant booking.

I've been at it a few days, and already had 2 instant bookings.

It proved to be a real asset to me for time management.

I ask for 24 hours' notice, and that works fine for me in terms of planning my day.

I also have keypad access if I am not there to recieve them. 

In previous lives, all of this could literally take days. 

Jackie20
Level 2
Malibu, CA

Hi, I have instant book on my listing with the "only verifed guests with reviews" option, yet today I received an instant book from a guest without reviews....

I'm confused, why would I get an instant booking for an individual without reviews? And I do not seem to be able to contact Airbnb directly about this.

Anybody?

Thanks,

Jackie

Airbnb is in the business to make money. Just because you click a box,dont expect them to follow your request. I do not like instant booking. Most of the time they waste your time. Guests are just looking and shopping around. Some are unverified. Airbnb will not seem to accept payments without some verifications.So if they only have fb verification most do not book. If they have a drivers license registered than that iAirbnb and I might accept the reservation

Kathleen1
Level 6
Seattle, WA

I was concerned about instant book, but I think the protection that AirBnb gives you is good.  You can cancel if you feel uncomfortable for any reason.  I have had excellent bookings through instant book.