Adding a Cleaning Fee: A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Adding a Cleaning Fee: A Community Help Guide

-----------------Update June 5th 2017--------------------

An updated version of this Community Guide is now available, click here to view

-----------------------------------------------

There are mixed feelings of many hosts whether to have a cleaning fee on their listing or not.  Some hosts add a cleaning fee in their listing while others build it into the price.  Here is a Help Guide on how to add a cleaning fee to your listing.

Step 1: Click on "Host" and then "Manage Listings".  You will then want to choose "Manage Listing and Calendar" to edit your listing.

manage listing 2.png

Step 2: On the left hand menu, choose "Pricing" and then scroll down to the "Additional Pricing Options" section.  Check the "Cleaning Fee" box and then enter the amount for your cleaning fee.

cleaning fee.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

27 Replies 27

I wondered how much the average cleaning fee was it's not mentioned anywhere.anyone know?

Amy-And-Ed0
Level 1
Free Union, VA

How do you add a cleaning fee to a listing.  I have read previous answers and my listing does not allow those options. 

I seem to have the same issue.   Both on the PC web page version and the iphone app.   No options under pricing to add a security deposit/cleaning etc.   One of the screen shot I saw looked entirely different then what I see currently.   Thanks

Jade30
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

Help! I've done this on my newest listing and I've just received another booking that the fee has not been added. I'm guessing this is a glitch? I've been hosting with other properties for awhile now and haven't experienced this issue. Can anyone guide me in the right direction??

Sabine136
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

I have the same problem. I'm trying to add a cleaning fee, but can't find it under 'price' or elsewhere...? Please help!

Thanks so much.

Did you ever find out an answer to how to add a cleaning fee (and a deposit function)? 

Also struggling, and wish to move onto other jobs this fine bank holiday! 

Yongrack0
Level 2
Philippines

hi about adding cleaning fee ,  i need to publish first my lisitng before i can add cleaning fee? because i am making an account on airbnb right and i cant find how to add the cleaning fee. I CAN'T FIND THE ADDITIONAL PRICING OPTIONS. i need help.

You have to PUBLISH the listing and then all the additional options can be found. If you are not ready  to actually have the room go "live" , there is an option to pause the listing while you finish adding cleaning fees, deposit fee, more information, etc. 

but you have to PUBLISH your listing first to get to these options. 

Thank so much lynette for the information. and also i have question about the payment methods. is it i am the one who will add payment method or the guest? because i ready fill up the payout preferences. but i dont know if i will also the pn who add payment method.

You need to add which payment methods that you will accept. I added PayPal and the direct deposit. That way the guests have two choices to pay me. I did not know what that last method was. I hope this helps!

Sharon66
Level 2
Powell, WY

I do the cleaning myself as I only have one listing but was wondering if their is some data concerning this issue.  Does it hinder bookings adding a cleaning fee?  

Basically cleaning is changing the sheets, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, and doing the sheets/towels laundry. I charge $8 for the cleaning as it is only done when they leave. If I were to have a guest want the sheets done during a longer stay, I  would not mind washing the sheets if they strip the bed and then make the bed. I am not a maid!

I have about 8 towels in the room. I have provided hooks to hang the towels on to dry so they can be reused. I do not wash towels after every use in my own household and I am not about to wash the guests towels every day.

I guess I should put that on my household basics as that would cost me too much money to do the towels every day and the $8 one time cleaning fee would not cover that cost. ( I do have in my basics to not leave wet towels on the floor already)

Hope this helps!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your participation here. I just wanted to let you know that there is now an updated version of this Community Guide, click here to view.

I will now close this topic for new posts. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

-----------------------------------------------

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.