Adding a charge for extra guests

Answered!
Nicola85
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Adding a charge for extra guests

I have recently set up my profile as a 1 bedroom flat with double bed but able to accommodate 4 people as have a sofa bed in the lounge.  The fee I set for 2 people but couldn't find where on the airbnb site you include the charge for extra guests which would be $10 per person per night.  I was able to add this in 'extra info' but now I have an enquiry for our first potential booking and the amount airbnb ask them for does not reflect the charge for the 4 people that are requesting stay.  Does anyone know where/how  on the site I can do this after I've set everything up?

Many thanks,

Nicola

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Go into your pricing options and then add in costs for additional guests over 2.

View Best Answer in original post

41 Replies 41
Val32
Level 2
Port Fairy, Australia

How do you tell Airbnb when they have undercharged ?  All I get is a list of questions to choose from and then a list of answers.

Can't we ever talk to an actual person ?

Hi Val yes this is very frustrating and however I did finally work out how to contact them and then they were great as I am not able to charge for the extra person either.  Go to help centre, then contact at the bottom on left menu.  Then scroll to bottom.  Says "my question is about something else" Then cick hosting, Then follow one of the drop down menu and just find one of them that goes through to a box that says "Please describe your issue"  send via email and they will get back to you.

Hope this helps it was my lifesaver and once I got through to them they were fantastic and very helpful.

Hi Toni 

what did Airbnb do?

therte is a phone number but its hard to find. I am in Canada so I can't help with what number I have

Val32
Level 2
Port Fairy, Australia

What do you do when guests have friends who visit every day and use all the amenities that are offered but don't pay anything?

They go some where else to sleep, but sleeping doesn't cost anything does it?   These friends  are here by 8 am for breakfast , stay all day for all meals , go the the beech, come back and shower. Then do their laundry before going back to their caravan park to sleep.

@Val32, your situation qualifies as guests hosting a "party or event".  If you don't allow parties or events, they're in violation.  I allow parties and events and charge $25 per guest per day.

I have had guests invite friends but not to that extent. But you just have to be forceful and tell them that this is not acceptable and they need to pay extra. my guests have usually had friends who live nearby so no need to do laundry or shower.

i found the place where i can add the extra fee.

but the system did not save the changes. when i check again the changes are gone. what can i do that the changes are saved?

Teen0
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

Did you get a reply to this Jane, or find a way round it? I am having the same issue...

Cheers,

Teen

Carole39
Level 2
Victor, MT

How do you add the extra charges in, for pets, extra guest, security deposit. etc.  It is on my pricing but airbnb does not add them in. What is up with that?  How do we talk to airbnb directly?  It says to accept or deny and when I hit accept the price is already there and I can't change it. or add to it. 

I have asked for the extra fee to be paid upon arrival. Same with pets as I host a cottage and there was never a place to put a fee for pets. Here is my problem. recently someone booked for 6 guests plus an infant. The infant guest surprised me as i had never seen it on a guest enquiry before. I don't believe there ever was a spot when booking that a person could put an infant. I charge for 'all guests' and include babies as guests due to having purchased a crib and high chair and they make a lot of garbage! Now when people include 'infant' as a guest I am not paid and they are not included in my maximum of 6 guests. I once had 3 couples try to book with 3 babies. I turned them down! There is no room for 9 people in a small cottage. Does anyone know how to control this.

Maureen98
Level 2
Monrovia, Liberia

Hi everyone,

I just had two people book and they signed in as one guest, but wrote in the email that they will have an extra person, a spouse or friend. I wrote back and told them about the extra fee. One guy wrote back and said, 'why should he pay extra for his wife.'' I told him he signed up for one person, so he was charged as one person. But you have an extra person, it's $15. So, he said, he would go back and redo the booking. Does the extra fee gets recorded when you increase the number of guests? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

M

Carla176
Level 2
Bilgola Plateau, Australia

HI Maureen

I believe when the guest updates thier booking, they will be charged automatically.  I recently had a guest extend their stay from 6 to 7 nights.  I had set up my listings with a 20% discount for a weekly booking (and had really forgotten about it as I had not had anyone for that length.)...when the guest added the extra night,  Airbnb applied the discount and they actually received a refund on their original booking rate!  It should work the other way as well.  If you do not receive the extra..there is a facility where you can request money from the guest through Airbnb.

Maureen98
Level 2
Monrovia, Liberia

Hi everyone,

I just had two people book and they signed in as one guest, but wrote in the email that they will have an extra person, a spouse or friend. I wrote back and told them about the extra fee. One guy wrote back and said, 'why should he pay extra for his wife.'' I told him he signed up for one person, so he was charged as one person. But you have an extra person, it's $15. So, he said, he would go back and redo the booking. Does the extra fee gets recorded when you increase the number of guests? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

M

Jennifer358
Level 2
Corlette, Australia

Publishing and making the listing live - gives you all the options to amend. I guess it would be helpful to be able to amend before you go 'live'. When you're new to AirBnB - and holiday letting for the first time - it does make you a little anxious! But once live - you can adjust very easily,