Advance booking

Fiona58
Level 6
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Advance booking

I have received a booking enquiry for August 2018.  My settings on the calendar are 6 months in advance.  How has this happened???

My husband logged into Airbnb as a user and found that he would be able to book way in advance of my settings.  Is there a bug in the system?

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Fiona58

There is most definitely a bug and it reoccurs at regular intervals it seems.

If you would like to cancel this reservation, contact airbnb, explain and have them cancel for you. And warn the guest who has booked that there has been a mistake.

Fiona58
Level 6

Many thanks - this is a rather frustrating situation... The calendar is a fundamental part of working as an Airbnb host and ought to be a prime concern in the infrastucture of how the system operates.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Fiona58

Very frustrating indeed.  Imagine having to cancel on someone who had carefully chosen my apartment for their honeymoon 😞

Fiona58
Level 6

How very sad.... You'd think that cases such as yours would prioritise fixing the system!

I went through a bit of a struggle with the calendar a few months ago.  It's more than disappointing that this has cropped up again!

Janine91
Level 1
Lisburn, United Kingdom

I've just had an automatic booking for July 2019!!!!  I explained to the prospective guest that I couldnt book that far in advance.  He understood, cancelled but now AirBnB are penalising me and blocking this week even though its a high season week!!!  I cant see who or how to speak to anyone about this!  Also my setting for Saturday turnarounds have been removed in both my properties and I already have random dates from automatic  bookings which I have to honour.  Really frustrating!!!!

Fiona58
Level 6

Hi Janine -

The bugs in the calendar system are my one big issue with Airbnb.  I managed, eventually, to have my Superhost status restored but it wasn't exactly easy.  Be patient yet determined to resolve the issue both in your and Airbnb interests!!!  I actually have a disclaimer now on my front page of the listing telling browsers that I cannot accept bookings more than 6 months in advance.  This is precisely because of the reason you have experienced!  

I suspect if any Airbnb host looks ahead that far in their calendar that they will see booking as available.  For that matter, any potential guest will have the same experiece...

Persevere, Janine and it will be resolved.

Happy Airbnb hosting (and all that jazz!)

Fi