Air bnb damage -problems with resolution center

Gregor35
Level 1
Lyttelton, New Zealand

Air bnb damage -problems with resolution center

Hi, 

I am wondering  if anyone  else  has  been  in this situation before:

Over 2 weeks ago our bnb got trashed by guests, resulting in over NZ$ 20K worth of damage. We are talking carpet replacement, wall painting, replacing of furniture, crokery, linen etc and repairs to our spa pool to give you an idea. 

We have contacted air bnb but it is getting very frustrating.

We put through a resolution centre request as instructed by air bnb but after a week when i chased them up for a response I got told there was no request in the system. It surprised me as I had already confirmed with the call  center that the request had gone through and had an email with a claim number. After arguing this for a while we submitted our request again . Same problem they say they cant help until we put a request through!!

The contact we have at the trust and safety team just keeps replying to our emails saying to put a request though . I am wondering if it could be a bug as when I submit the request  a message comes up on screen saying the amount claimed  is over 14K.

However I still  get an email confirming my request went through! Each time I put through the request  I have called the call center and they have said they can see my request. Then this lady emails me saying there is nothing in the system and to please put a request through. It's like talking to a robot. It's been going on for over 2 weeks . Anyone knows how to get out of that loop?

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

36379575_2083684328516867_6589533009584586752_o.jpg

Sorry my previous reply did not seem to go through, we have been busy, my Co Host is seen here going for a ride..

Problem with World Cup draw is my Brother who is visiting goes back Tuesday, his plane leaves 35 minutes after the game is due to finish, we think we have a solution worked out so I will be watching in a bar in Denver, called appropriately the 3 Lions!

David
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Gregor

If you've been on the blogs as long as I have been, you'll find that the case you describe is not unusual.

Some Hosts will come on here describing how satisfying Airbnb’s responses and resolution have been, but when you dig a little deeper you find that there charging well in exec of $100 per night, two Host in particular one charging $300 and the other $500 per night were waxing lyrical about the help they got from Airbnb.

Not to mince my words you’re Airbnb cannon fodder so get used to it.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Gregor35

This might be of some use to you from a another similar case.

"

Thank you for your post. I have been wondering about how the damages claims work and your post was very helpful. Here is what I recently included in my "House Rules". I would love to hear the thoughts from you other Hosts.

1. INSPECT THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL: Immediately after check-in, please inspect the property to make sure everything is in order. If you see damaged (beyond normal wear and tear) floor/furniture/appliances/walls/doors/windows or any other item at the property, inform the Host IMMEDIATELY (within an hour of check-in). If you are not happy with the accommodation/house/contents/location/neighborhood inform the Host IMMEDIATELY (within an hour of check-in). Please note that the front lock is connected to SmartHub and each Guest is given a unique individual key code. So the initial arrival time is logged. If there is an issue, please communicate it via AirBnB message Board. This immediate communication is of utmost importance and protects both the Guests and Host in case of any future issues. If no communication is received from the Guest about any damages or issues within an hour after check-in, it will be considered an implicit approval of the accommodation/listing and all its contents. If the Guest stays overnight, they will be charged for the night(s) and cleaning fee.

I came up with this clause because I have had a couple of incidences where several days after the Guest checks in, they come up with some erroneous reason - reasons that should be obvious at the time of check in (for example, the location or the layout or locked room etc) - for why they would like a cancellation and refund. Of course, having this clause does not prevent AirBnB from still not treating the Host fairly, but it is an added protection.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you."