Airbnb Plus Photos

Mary490
Level 2
Austin, TX

Airbnb Plus Photos

We are active Airbnb Plus hosts. The day the photographer took photos it was raining. He never took a photo of the exterior and said he could always return if Airbnb didn’t use one of our photos. Since our plus listing went live we have had numerous requests for external photos. For some inexplicable reason the plus team will not or can’t upload any extra photos!!! It’s obvious to me we are losing bookings because of this and it’s so frustrating. There is no way to talk directly to an Airbnb plus support person! We have jumped through hoops for Airbnb plus as hosts yet we have less support than before.

Support suggested I leave feedback, that has done no good, any suggestions or similar experiences ??

55 Replies 55

ability* nothing* sorry for the typos, I was clearly heated while writing this

Can't you just leave Plus and post your own pics?

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Jon---Talene0 

What a bunch of jerks!

Last week a guest messaged me to ask about access for an ageing mother who had a stroke. She wanted to know about access to the house, the toilets and the bedrooms. (You know, the important things to guests), I explained the access as fully as I could then took 4 photos on my phone, uploaded them and told her I had done this. She booked and thanked me profusely for the photos. 

If the idea of this 'Plus' thing is to get more bookings then they're shooting themselves in the foot and need to understand the business they're in.

Having a similar issue. Gorgeous photos taken by Plus photographer, but the angles don't accurately show the layout of my Victorian and suggest that the one of the bedrooms lacks doors for privacy. Consequently, I have had a record number of views but fewer reservations than I had as a regular AirBnB host (when the prior professional photos more accurately showed the layout).

For two months, I have been trying to get two or three of the original professional photos posted or to have AirBnB send out the same photographer to take a few additional photos with no luck. AirBnB Plus  support is no better than standard support.   So frustrating!

Angelina87
Level 2
New York, NY

Exactly! Us too! It's so annoying. I've tried to insist they put up more photos (with multiple teams within Airbnb) but I get no effective championing. I am seriously considering leaving till they work this time consuming and annoying kink out of their workflow.

Ella54
Level 3
Windham, NY

Update to my story.  In January someone from the Plus team did reach out to me.  Actually two different representatives did and I did get help with adding the photos to my listing.  It's sad that other owners are having problems still.  It went smoothly on my end after I got contacted via email.

Currently I am also reaching out to Plus team again to update photos, because THINGS CHANGE! We just added a privacy fence to our geodesic dome outdoor area, and a garden space, so the photos listed won't work, they are not current.  When I called I was told that a Plus support representative picks up when you call, if you already have a plus listing (before this they were a different department) and that they are forwarding my request to update photos. I was told that I should be contacted shortly in regards to changing/adding pictures.  I'm looking forward to it, not sure what "shortly" will mean, but I am hopeful! 

As an update, it took a couple of weeks or little less, but I received the help I needed.  I wonder why others are having issues, and if it's area related.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

When did they change Plus to Luxe?  Or is Luxe a third tier?  LOL. 

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Mark116,

I think “Airbnb Luxe” was recently introduced. And it would not surprise me, when this would be the actual implementation of what they announced last year February as “Airbnb Beyond”.

Just a guess from my side.

Luxe is step above Plus and only for rentals that are from $1000/night

Rohan37
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Im up and going with Airbnb Plus but have some problems with pictures not representative of the property after renovations. The people in the call Centre do take my superhost calls quickly and are lovely but they are not the ones who can fix problems on your Plus profile. They can just escalate the case and tell you to wait. Who knows how long for...
The Community Centre Here seems to often suggest abandoning Airbnb Plus, but I don’t want to stop being what is marketed as a superior product as I work hard to keep the wow factor happening.
Such a dilemma. I will have to abandon it at some point so i can control my own profile or I’ll go broke. If anyone knows how to talk to someone who can actually fix my problem with Airbnb Plus  I would be very grateful. The call center can only escalate the case and advise you to wait.