Airbnb app: Unable to read messages as a host/cohost.

Michael2413
Level 3
North Andover, MA

Airbnb app: Unable to read messages as a host/cohost.

Airbnb App recently updated after not being able to receive or view messages.  

Reinstall does nothing.

reboot does nothing.

changing app permissions does nothing.

Clearing cache does nothing.

Logging out and logging back in does nothing.

Archiving old messages does nothing

Getting "error you do not have permission to access this resource"

Still getting push notifications...which bring me to the app with no messages
Pulling down to refresh inbox gives me infinite loop of loading circle
After reinstall I used to see chat threads but no longer after reinstall
Is there a paid service to receive messages that I'm unaware of?

I'm on android 6.0.1  If you are having the same problem please post your operating system info...

22 Replies 22

Thanks very much for the info 😉 

well mine is android 6.0.1 thats why i cant install it back, okeyy iam waiting than after its got fix

René137
Level 7
Montreal, Canada

I was having that problem too, I wasn't able to access anything from my hosting options, talked to support and nothing.
I logged out logged back in many times, reinstalled the app even in the PC was having same problem, no option to "Switch to hosting".

Then I realized that two days ago I had turned on the Team feature, although it was working fine after that, yesterday stopped working. So I decided to remove that feature, logged out and logged back in and finally worked...

Gagan13
Level 2
Oakville, CA

Hi I am having the same issue as we speak. Co host function is giving me the same problems can someone please help me, where do I turn on or off the team feature option or how to reboot my account. Thanks @Michael2413  @René137 

Hi @Gagan13, I don't remember the exact steps, but if you turned on the Team feature, I believe you would be able to delete your team from the same "Team" section in your Airbnb Profile.

I suggest you also to file a ticket to Airbnb in case this doens't help you.

Matt254
Level 2
Detroit, MI

This issue started on 18 December 2019 for me. I'm generating over $60k as a cohost, but I cannot message guests in the App and get a, "You do not have access to this thread" when trying to message in my browser. Airbnb, PLEASE fix this issue!

Az2
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

I guess launching a "team" project was not a good idea. It all started after that. Its been more than a month I've been getting a message of IT team working on it. But there is no result.

Emma725
Level 2
West Auckland, United Kingdom

Same problem co hosts cant see upcoming reservations or reply to guest messages