Airbnb does not care about hosts

Olzhas0
Level 7
New York, NY

Airbnb does not care about hosts

Something so obvious to most of you. Airbnb is ridiculous. I don’t know how to express what I feel about their ‘Help center’. Maybe we should all stop hosting and they will realize how important we, hosts, are. Everytime they say ‘it’s ok, your overall 5-star review percentage is still high enough’, I ask them if they realize what it takes to keep it that high. I’m so disappointed because the owners of this business do not realize that it’s us, hosts, who make their business grow. And they could be just a bit more considerate and use just a little less ‘we can’t do that’. They put us in tough conditions and the only way for us to be satisfied is the way out of Airbnb. And tge funny thing is they wouldn’t care if you quit. For them it’s just business, nothing personal, no human values. I’m not sure if I should be hosting any longer

36 Replies 36

@Carolyn688 I totally agree with you, you have brought up and outlined very good points. I am at that  point right now and have told AirBnb support how disappointed I am in the way they treat their hosts who make them the money. I am waiting for a resolution to an ongoing case. I may be looking at the option of renting out my three Airbnbs on our own. 
My listings are currently deactivated by Airbnb until they have reached their decision. 
I realize Carolyn you may not see this message as it does look like you have removed your listings and account with AirBnb. I appreciate your advice as do other hosts I’m sure even if it’s is over a year later. 
Thanks, Alison 

Russell49
Level 10
Katoomba, Australia

I lost superhost status over 0.2%. I don't care anymore. I now charge high prices, get the bookings and ignore the ratings as long as they are reasonable. I found that superhost status can actually just bring fussier guests that expect more....No thanks!  I'll charge high, get paid and forget about their rating system 🙂

Alex7842
Level 2
Belmont, CA

Interesting thread.. I just started as a host and had my first bad experience with a guest damaging property. 
I don't want to claim any money from guest or Airbnb, all I want is to block guest from booking my place again. So I called customer support thinking it's going to be easy to do, turned out that I had to call 3 times (around 2 hours in total) and they were not able to help me. All I heard is apologies and putting call on a hold infinite times, but they cannot help me. Really did not expect this level of support for hosts from customer support.

@Alex7842 Yes, it's really unfortunate that they have taken away the ability to block bad guests . 

Review them honestly and when Airbnb asks if you would host them again, say no. If you offer instant booking, they will no longer be able to do so with you. They could still send you an inquiry, but you can certainly say no, and hopefully a review that makes it clear you wouldn't want them again will deter them from doing that anyways. 

Claes0
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

I have been trying to get answers from Airbnb for 9 sats, regarding a flooding caused by guests, and where the the kitchen and bathroom were filled with sewer water.

They say their SLA is 72 hours, not 9 days have passed, meanwhile i have other guests who have to sustain the smell.

It's time to delist from Airbnb. There are alternatives.

Booking.com for example.

Rimjhim0
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Any conclusions to thus discussion?

are we doing anything, boycott, petition to Airbnb, protest….. please let me know . 
I’d like to take part, lead, contribute whatever it takes to go to the next step so we can fight this injustice. 

cust service is a joke.  none of them know anything.  when i challenge them they then make something up.  1 rep tried to tell me that my weekly and monthly discount are applied to my payout.  not one or the other but both.  

I recently sent $200 to a guest for which I wanted her to be able to use but they deposited it into a gift card which can only be used when that guest travels using air B and B.   The rep told me that sometimes it happens that way but could but could not refer me to any part of their policy that speaks to that fact.  You would get better outcomes if you called a call center call center full of monkeys with phones.  Recently August smoked hookah in my room for 3 weeks and burnt and melted the carpet and I'm still dealing with the room full of monkeys to process the claim.