Airbnb does not take responsibility for their mistakes!!!

Airbnb does not take responsibility for their mistakes!!!

The day before the guest was due to arrive, I received an email from Airbnb stating thst the guest wants to change the reservation. I was ready to decline the request as the guest was due in less than 24hrs; however, when I clicked on the link to accept/decline the alteration request I was given the option to accept with 1. Waiver the cancellation policy or 2. Enforce the cancellation policy. Our cancellation policy is strict. I accepted on the grounds that the cancellation policy would be enforced, i.e. I would get a full payout for the 27 nights originally booked. I have never had a payout for those 27 nights. After sending several emails and talking to the customer service team several times, I was finally contacted by a case manager. She more or less told me I am lying as this option does not exist in their system. I told her that the mistake to display this message is from Airbnb and that they should be held responsible. They kept saying that I need to provide proof of the options I could choose before I accepted. And since this option did not exist, she told me there is no way this could happen as the system does not operate with these notions. I then told her that in the help center it explains the difference between accepting a change to waiver or enforce the cancellation policy. The inconpetent case manger was not even aware of this. Unfortunately for me you can only esiver/enforce the cancellation policy for long term bookings (28 nights or more). Airbnb has taken no responsibility for their mistake in displaying this option to me and I have lost 1800 GBP. They will not refund the money to me unless I provide a screenshot of the page where I could sccept/decline the alteration. Unfortunately I did not take that screenshot as I trusted that Airbnb is responsible company protecting their hosts. I feel extremely tricked by Airbnb and I know thst they will not take any responsibility for any mistakes from their side unless I have prited proof. I will cancel my listing on Airbnb as I have lost trust in them
1 Reply 1
Warren0
Level 1
Niceville, FL

Someone to take photographs of my Niagara Airbnb listing   Warren Beamish  I have two candidates how do I correspond with you I have sent two messages now with no response.