Airbnb iPhone app login issues

Kent44
Level 1
Martinborough, New Zealand

Airbnb iPhone app login issues

I’m trying to login to my account from an iPhone X and the app gets stuck in a circular loop. 

Every time I try and login using email/password the app directs me to a “Send us a message” screen - which in turn doesn’t allow any messages to be sent. It’s effectively impossible to use the app. I’ve de-installed and reinstalled multiple times, and reset my password multiple times, but the problem is persistent. 

I’m able to login to my account on other iOS devices using the app, or via the website - so this looks like a typical bad code/lack of testing/poor QA issue. Is anyone else having the same problem, or is there a workaround?

39 Replies 39

This works!!!!!

Go to settings - mobile data - scroll down to find Airbnb make sure it is on i.e. little green button showing 

I've had the same problem on my android without knowing what it's about.

So just now, I simply put in a lottt of characters and tried pressing send - it worked. 😶😂 The following message said I'd be contacted through email and my account will be good to use once they've looked into it... So I think it's a safety thing. 

Maybe try and write at least 75 characters and see if you can press send then? And explain who you are and why you're on airbnb, not just a lot of yyuuuuuuhhhhhh like I did haha. 🙃

This fixes the issue!

I wrote a message explaining how I am trying to log in to the app and icluded my email address. (The message was at at least 75 characters...)

A few hours later I got an email to let me know that my account has now been unlocked with the following explanation:

"You were enrolled in this verification process because our systems detected unusual activity (for example, an attempt to log in from a new computer) on your account. When this happens, we ask you to complete additional verification before you can log in. We do this to help make sure you, and only you, have access to your account."

Tried to log in, and everything works fine now. I guess they should probably explain why we are being redericted to write them a message.

Kari62
Level 1
New York, NY

I am still having this issue with being unable to login on the iphone, but able to log in on a laptop. I updated the airbnb app, and on the latest iOS, and have reinstalled the app and restarted the phone multiple times, to no avail. Any ideas?

I am experiencing the same as you. Second time in a month. Just so frustrating. 

Roberta424
Level 2
Perugia, Italy

hello! I had the same problem, and it costed me 40 euros, because I wasn't unable to change and cancel a booking. I called airbnb several time and the y promised me not to count the fee, but they finally did it, I am really upset about them

Jane863
Level 1
Australia

I'm having same issue with Samsung phone!  App will not accept my password.  (No problems using password in airbnb website.

Gillian194
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I also have had this problem and have done all the obvious thingslike removing the app updating the ios software and reinstalling the app. It just doesn't work! my only solution so that I can hve something to use when i go on holiday next week is to remove the app. Send a link from my laptop browser via email to my phone then open airbnb from that link. If you try to do that without the app removed it still tries to open the app which of course doesn't work. Itwould be good to see airbnb coming upwith a solution to this as I've had this problem for 6 months.

I so agree with you. I only experience this with the Airbnb App.

Kathleen460
Level 1
Charlton, Australia

I changed to a new mobile phone, I downloaded the AirBnB app and it wont accpet my password.  The password still works on the website.  I previously did not have any problems on my old phone.

I have a Huawei Honor note 10.

Penny212
Level 1
Boondall, Australia

I changed to a huawe p 30 and can't log into my app but can log into Airbnb on a browser. Password issues started the problem not being able to reset. 

I had this same issue. Logging in and linking my Facebook solved the issue. Not sure why but instead of logging in with my normal e-mail I logged in with the Facebook method and it let me in the app. I then linked my Facebook and had no issues.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Sara1045@Sohaib2@Kari62@Roberta424@Jane863@Gillian194@Kathleen460@Penny212@Alexander747 

I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing these difficulties when using the Airbnb app. For those of using an Android device and have had login issues, I'm pleased to update you that a fix was made last Friday. Therefore, if you update your Airbnb app to the latest version, this should all be working for you. 

Do let me know how it's working for you, if you can. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie, et al

The app began working for me this morning (Tuesday), though it hadn't worked until then. They key (for me, anyhow) seems to be that the necessity to run through the reCaptcha at login (for every single login) has been removed. When I logged in on my laptop this am, I saw that I didn't have to go through that, so I immediately tried the app - et voila! All working.