Airbnb impossible for Host's to contact them regarding an issue!

Answered!
LuAnn5
Level 2
Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH

Airbnb impossible for Host's to contact them regarding an issue!

I've been an Airbnb Host for several years.  I'm learning their process, though it is quite difficult to navigate.  Once you get the hang of it, the navigation moves a bit quicker.  

No matter.  For whatever reason, as we have several rentals, we do not accept Instant Book, however.....we missed one of our rental calander's, and now a guest 'tentatively' booked(?) for September 2018!  This makes no sense as I thought an instant book is an instant book, thought the site says she has 68 hours to reserve.  I tried to decline, but there is no decline button!!   I contacted her, and she asked how she would get her deposit back.  

Unfortunately, I can not get in touch with airbnb to inquire.  Any idea's??????????

Lu 

1 Best Answer
Richard152
Level 4
Bath, United Kingdom

I have no trouble calling Airbnb in Engand, LuAnn,

They have always proved very helpful.

Regards,

Richard

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Richard152
Level 4
Bath, United Kingdom

I have no trouble calling Airbnb in Engand, LuAnn,

They have always proved very helpful.

Regards,

Richard

@LuAnn5

Try 4753280741

LuAnn5
Level 2
Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH

PERFECT!  Thanks for your assistance!!!!

Lu

Hi is that a US number? thx 

Yes. A US number.

Cute House in Woods

I just tried calling this number.   And as soon as it connects, it hangs up.  I'm furious.  I've been trying to find some way to email or call airbnb for 20min and their website just sends me in circles.  We had a death in the family and just need to send a death cert to show why we canceled.  I hate airbnb's customer service.  It is the worst I've ever experienced.  And for a company that is making so much money to do such a poor job is unacceptable.  VERY DISAPPOINTED IN AIRBNB!!!

@Steve628  

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

@Letti0I can't fathom who you know that gave you these secret numbers!  they worked.  thanks so much.

So sorry that the number didn't work. Lately I've been using the text messaging feature with airbnb, and they've gotten right back to me. Today they were very helpful and fast.    This is the second time that airbnb has called a guest for me and resolved an issue.

Karen &Jeff.

FamilyKJ0
Level 9
Phoenix, AZ

@LuAnn5

I agree. It took me a long time to find numbers. If the above is correct..you call them...leave your number and they call back.  

I cancelled once and then called air airbnb. They told me to call them first before I ever make a cancellation again...  I'm new so I didn't know.

Karen & Jeff

If the above number doesn't work, would you pleaselet us know?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20440492

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

Hi @LuAnn5

I am guessing you have gotten a reply about this but for any other hosts who see a tentative booking generally in a yellow band rather than a green one, this means that the guest has not finished uploading what is required in their profile to meet your booking requirements.  It could also mean their credit card has expired and they are given a grace period to upload the new information.

As soon as they have provided the information, this will come through as a booking request if you do not have instant booking.  You are not notified about this tentative booking.  It does show in your calendar with a different colour generally.  This would be why you may have seen it in your calendar and not in your mailbox.

I hope it was all sorted out, Lisa

Ellen12
Level 3
Brookfield, WI

You have the CS telephone #?  Google it.  It will take them at least 2-3 days to get back to you, which is ridiculous.  First time I contacted them, it took almost a month to get a call back.  They should do better.