Airbnb is letting requests through that shouldnt be possible

Greg306
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb is letting requests through that shouldnt be possible

Due to getting bad reviews from awkward first time users who havnt read the listing, and generaly wanting to tighten up who can book i have applied filters in the booking settings.

I have applied  'must have recomendations from other guests'

And 'must have government i.d'

....i am still getting bookings from people who have NEITHER. 😞

thanks if anyone can help.

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Greg306 Do you mean they're sending you booking requests, or they're able to complete the booking through Instant Booking?

If they're just sending you a request, they're still able to do that whether or not they meet your requirements. If they don't have ID, you can ask them to add it before accepting their booking. If they don't have a host recommendation, you can either chat with them until you're comfortable or not accept the booking. 

Greg306
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Requests. They shouldnt be able to request if ive set the filters though. Now ive got to decline on a request that should not have been possible in the first place.

@Greg306 wrote:

Requests. They shouldnt be able to request if ive set the filters though. Now ive got to decline on a request that should not have been possible in the first place.

You have misunderstood. The limitations are for instant booking ONLY, not to request or inquire about staying.

I can't imagine not allowing newcomers to the platform to book. I would hardly be booked at all with this philosophy!

Greg306
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Ok thanks... thats a bit lame tho! 

@Greg306I agree about the ID requirement. The guest should be asked to add it and that's that. 

However, regarding new guests, we were all new once and looking for our first place to stay. Someone has to give the new people a chance. If you're really adamant about it, maybe include it in the rules or things that the guest has to acknowledge before they send a booking request.