All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

Answered!
India0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

All prices are showing in the wrong currency?

This is really an issue for hosting and traveling. For the last few day all prices displayed on airbnb have changed to US Dollars. I'm in the UK, using airbnb.co.uk, my account is in British Pounds ... I'm confused. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

92 Replies 92

Just Click on Profile --> Edit Profile --> Preferred Currency

DONE.
Lauren594
Level 1
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

For some reason my currency changed to dollars for the first time today (March 2019) after years of being in pounds.

I was on laptop so not sure if it's the same process with smartphone but:

To change, go to main dashboard (not profile) and at the bottom right corner of the screen in very small letters it says 'Terms, Privacy, Currency and more'. Click on this (I had to do it a few times before anything happened) and an option comes up to select any currency that you wish to use.

Hope this helps x

Gil73
Level 1
Incline Village, NV

I am in the US.  I have only used AirBnB in the US.  All prices show in euros.  

Finn22
Level 1
Forres, United Kingdom

Having the same problem. Just been paid in USD to PayPal and lost money in the conversion to GBP. 

Gillian214
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Mine now shows South African Rands ND not pounds!  So frustrating 

Ron287
Level 2
Leicester, United Kingdom

I'm in the UK and was getting prices in euros. I finally realised there is  a drop-down menu in the lower right hand corner of the Account area for choosing currency, as you can see in this screenshot. There is also a Preferred Currency option in the Profile area.Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 10.12.15.png

Jane1039
Level 1
Gytheio, Greece

yes this is happening to me. I want to see in pounds or euros and its showing in RM?!

This has happened to me too, based in the UK, paid in dollars for a trip to Malta, lost money and feel cheated. Is there an appeal process or an independent agency we can talk to because by the looks of this very long thread nobody is getting any joy?

Phil249
Level 1
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom

I've tried - but British Pounds don't appear in the srop down list!!

Debbie567
Level 1
Duns, United Kingdom

I notice this problem still exists - and the thread is years old!!  how do we know the cost of the holiday in our own currency??

Debbie567
Level 1
Duns, United Kingdom

i've changed it!  Go in to your profile, and there is a drop down menu - change to your chosen currency!

So so poor from AirBNB, what a coincidence that the airbnb.com.au site (australian based...) suddenly shows in USD (albeit not actually visibly in any intuitive way).. a currency which misrepresents pricing in my region as far lower than it actually is. There is no mention that this is a USD charge until you are actually invoiced and even then there is not a conversion to your local currency to actually trigger any response from you. Again.. very poor from AirBNB

I have just messaged exactly what you wrote above. Very misleading. 

Have you checked your profile details, chosen currency?

Nick736
Level 1
Torquay, United Kingdom

You change the currency at the bottom right of the page.

If you scroll right down to the bottom of either the main search page or a property page, you will see two tabs to the bottom right. They will show the current language and current currency in use.

Just click on the currency tab and change to your preferred choice.

It's available on most pages within Airbnb .

You will see a single tab showing "Terms, Privacy, Currency & More". Just click on that. Same procedure.

🙂