Allow Hosts to Set Different Cancellation Policies for Certain Dates

Alexandria0
Level 6
Louisville, KY

Allow Hosts to Set Different Cancellation Policies for Certain Dates

Just like we have the ability to set certain prices for certain dates, and minimum stays for certain dates, we should be able to set the cancellation policy for certain dates. 

For example, I am a host in Louisville. The biggest event of the year for us is the Kentucky Derby. If I have my cancellation policy set to Flexible and a guest cancels the day before the Derby...I'm going to potentially miss out on thousands of $$$. It is very difficult to get last minute bookings for this event - I know because this has happened to me. 

However, if I enforce a strict cancellation policy year round, this may deter guests from booking with me. So, I'm torn. Do I maintain a flexible cancellation policy and hope that my guest doesn't cancel for this one special event? Or do I enforce a strict cancellation policy year round and possibly turn off potential guests? 

The best solution is for Airbnb to allow hosts to change their cancellation policy for specific dates. Who's with me? 

18 Replies 18
Rich-and-Stacy0
Level 2
Scituate, MA

We agree. As we are in Massachusetts, the summer season is our most important time and the major source of our annual income from Airbnb. We would like to set a "super-strict" cancellation for the last week in June through the first two weeks of September. In the absence of this kind of flexibility, we have opted to continue with the moderate cancellation policy for the entire year. Perhaps there are other ways to manage our listings in terms of cancellation. If so, please do share. Many thanks, Stacy and Rich in Humarock, MA.

Harriet33
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I have the same issue.   

We're in Somerset, south west United Kingdom, and our Air Bnb property has 10 bedrooms and sleeps 23 - 25. We're convenient accommodation for the Glastonbury Festival - a five-day music event in June that attracts some 250,000 visitors over the 5-day period, in this rural part of the UK which has a chronic shortage of hotels and visitor accommodation.  Our pricing for Glastonbury Festival week, therefore, is considerably higher than other weeks of the year, given the huge demand for accommodation during that week in June.

At the moment, my Cancellation Policy is "Strict" all year round due to the difficulty of re-booking a property of this size when the original booking is cancelled at short notice.  However, for Glastonbury week in June, I would like to upgrade to "Super-Strict", to avoid losing ££££ on a cancellation which occurs just seven days prior to the Festival.

I think it's important that Air Bnb introduces this function asap.

Wayne67
Level 2
Naxxar, Malta

Like many are saying this is a super important thing to do. It help a lot the guests who the chunk of the business is for example the  3 months of summer. 

Wayne67
Level 2
Naxxar, Malta

Like many are saying this is a super important thing to do. It help a lot the host whose the chunk of the business is for example the  3 months of summer.