Allow hosts to manage stay length within Calendar view

Lyle2
Level 2
Washington, DC

Allow hosts to manage stay length within Calendar view

Recommendation: Allow hosts to set minimum stay rules for a specific date range from within the calendar view (as we can presently do to set price).

Background: I have a 3-night minimum which I adjust to 1-2 nights for specific periods as my calendar fills up. In order to create specific rules for those date ranges in question, I have to toggle between the calendar view (to see what dates are open) and the Manage Listing/Availability page (to actually make the rules).

It would be easy to allow users to not only set price for a selected date range on the calendar view, but to also set minimum stay requirements as well.

3 Replies 3
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

agree, I would like to see much more control over all sorts of things on a day by day basis:

minimum stay, number of guests, when to charge for additional guests, IB allowed or not, etc

I have just signed up as a host and to be honest I am finding Air bnb very confusing system. I have been using Booking.com for sometime and they are so much better. As mentioned there is no flexibility to set minimum and maximum stays for sertain periods of the month on the calendar, to reflect busy and quiet times. I just can not find a "contact us" section ???only questions and answers or directed to this comunity page, mybe I am missing something and I will just have to keep looking. But I have to say I am only 2 days into my experiance hosting through Air bnb and so far I'm nt impressed 😞

Sebastian255
Level 1
Whistler, Canada

Imagine having to go to a different page other than calendar view to control the nightly price. It's a pretty rediculous thought, but this is what you have to do to edit the nightly minimums. There are regular 1-2 night gaps in many hosts calendars. Not only is Airbnb losing out on many missed bookings and a lot of revenue, but hosts are too, as many people don't take the time to make these changes because it is very tedious. For the hosts that do take the time to edit the minimum stays to maximize their listing, it is a huge waste of time having to toggle between availability settings and the calendar.

Please Airbnb, input an option to be able to control minimum stays directly on the calendar.

Thanks,
Sebastian