Amount of guest

Jorish0
Level 1
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

Amount of guest

Does a number of guest make any difference on pricing?. Example: 4 guests is more expensive than 1 guest for 1 apartment(with max of 4 guests). I'm sorry if someone already ask this question. Thankyou

8 Replies 8
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jorish0  You can set up the pricing however you want to.  You can have a base price for the space for one person then add an extra fee per person for each person over the first guest.  Please take time to read the hosting articles in the Help Center.  Look at articles on pricing.

Kerry15
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

For our large house the basic rate covers up to eight guests. We charge an extra £5 per night per person up to a max of 12 people. We charge this as it generally takes longer to clean up after a very large group

James494
Level 2
Sunnyvale, TX

hello my future guest selected only 5 guests during booking and now after several weeks is notifying me they will have 7. when i update the guest amount in booking change, airbnb automatically calculates an increase of $120. I submitted the change and future guest declined the change.

Option: 1) I notify guest they are only authorized to have 5 present during the stay. Or 2) I cancel the reservation because the guest has declined the change request and request for payment?

thanks for any insight

@James

"DO NOT CANCEL THE BOOKING".

It will be a very large black mark against you with Airbnb

Reach out to you guest and explain that there is an additional charge for additional guests and if He/she is not happy with this He/she (I can't emphasise this enough) is more than welcome to cancel their booking.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III

Cormac, Airbnb Instant Booking states that if I am not comfortable with the instantly booked guest I can cancel penalty free. What is your experience with electing to cancel based on this?

When I look at your listing, @James494, I see that your beautiful cottage accommodates 8 guests and there is no additional charge for extra guests.  I am confused and perhaps your guest is confused as well.  You cannot have an additional charge unless your listing reflects that at the time of the booking.  The guest may complain to Air BNB so it might be best to retract your modification and change your listing for the future.

Hello Linda that is exactly the case. Listing requirement with additional charges was set during their booking. The responsible party selected 5 guests and was not confused then selecting the lower amount to avoid extra charges at the time of booking.

In addition, the guest has just now, months after the booking, disclosed the intended amount of guests. I simply went in to modify the reservation and Airbnb automatically updated the pricing accordingly and I submitted for guest approval