Any hosts from Turkey?

Deniz6
Level 1
Istanbul, Turkey

Any hosts from Turkey?

Any hosts from Turkey?  

47 Replies 47

IHello Chera, I am a host from Istanbul. 

Airbnb pays you on the second day of your guest's arrival and the transfer generally takes 3-4 working days to get to your account. 

Tuna

Sylvia225
Level 1
United Kingdom

Sylvia - Dalaman

Ertan1
Level 2
Bodrum, Turkey

Hello, It's Ertan from Bodrum / Turkey. And actually, I had a question. I have a payout methods problem and I was wondering if anyone had a similiar problem. So as you know, the only options for payout in Turkey are, Bank transfer and payoneer pre paid debit card. However, I was somehow banned from Payoneer and it turns out, the bank transfer method goes through payoneer, so it doesn't work anymore. With payoneer banning me without showing any reason for it (they said, I've violated the terms and conditions but when I asked, which term or condition, they said they do not know), I can't receieve any funds from airbnb to my bank account, and I don't have any other withdrawal options. Did anything similiar happened to someone here? Any ideas on what to do? (BTW, I've been speaking to airbnb about this matter for a month now, they say I should go to another country and add a new payment method, didn't seem possible to me). Appereciate all thoughts.

Ertan.

Selçuk1
Level 2
Antalya, Turkey

Hello ,Im Selcuk from Antalya.Police came my two house january.2 day ago they called me and give me punishment 14.700 lira every house.They said you have to sent guests informations to police via kimlik bildirim sistemi? Anyone punished ?

!!!!How did they found your house?

Hi Jessica,

Before the booking is complete you should never give your address.  Police is creating fake accounts ,making an inquiry and trying to have your address.  So before confirming the booking we should not give any information. 

Thanks Tuna for the info!

I hope not to have any problems, most Airbnb are not registered anyway. We should create a meet up soon in Istanbul to discuss this

Hi Jess,

Let's set a day and a place for a meep up. I would love to join.

Hi Jess,  ıs there a airbnb meetup group ın ıstanbul ? 

@Jess158 Hi Jess,  ıs there a airbnb meetup group ın ıstanbul ? 

Slm Selçuk, sonuçta nasil çözdün sorunu? Ve şuan nasıl yapıyorsun? 

Jess158
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

WARNING all airbnb renters in Turkey!

It seems that short term rental in Turkey is getting very complicated

1- You need to register a Turkish company

2- You need to apply for a license and register your property in the chambre of commerce

3- You need to pay VAT 19%

4- You need to register in the GIYKIMBIL registration system AND you need to be in Turkey to be able to use it (because of the IP address). You will need to declare everyday who is coming in your apartment and even if it's empty, you need to declare.

5- Tax on profit after you remove all the expenses 20% ( Corporate tax since it's a company now)

I think I will do long term because it's not worth all that hassle....

Hi Jess

can you rent (Airbnb) your apartment in Turkey from your business in France, personally I have an airbnb in Canada, and would like to have a flat in Istanbul. 

do I need to go through turkish law and mentioned reuqirement

I really appreicate your help

Thank you

Selçuk1
Level 2
Antalya, Turkey

If you rent your house daily weekly in turkey ,you  have to apply   police-tax office and municipality.

Police: You have to register gıykımbıl .You need static ip adress .You have to go nearest karakol.

I paid 29.400 lira for two house:(.Every house fine is 14.700

Tax office: You have to build company and  you prepare bill for every guest .Unfortunatly kdv is %18.

Municipality: f you have own building you can get a lisance.But you have one or two flat you cant.Municipality can close your house.

my mail *

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Is that means  working  as  airbnb host in turkey is illegal ?

What if establish company in turkey and i rent some flats then i host them in airbnb ? Is that legal ?