Any way to send a special offer that is open ended?

Ginny7
Level 3
Atascadero, CA

Any way to send a special offer that is open ended?

Hello! I would like to send some type of special offer to a recent guest as a 'thank you' for referring someone to my Airbnb.  An opportunity to revisit my Airbnb but at a discounted price.  I would prefer not to buy a gift card as that is money out of pocket, and, it expires in three months from date of issue.

I have used special offers before, but I know I have to designate specific dates of reservation.  I don't want to send her a specific set of dates, I want her travel dates to be up to her to set at her choosing.

Outside of the gift card, does anyone know of a way to send a guest a special offer (or discounted offer) that does not expire and does not have specific travel dates attached?

6 Replies 6
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

What a great idea! Seems to me that Airbnb has no platform for this, maybe mention it in host ideas to them? As it is, how about sending that guest a personl message, thanking for the referral, and letting them know that the next time they will stay with you, they can enjoy a 25% discout, a certain $$ amount, whatever you have in mind - and that as soon as you know they are coming you will send them a special offer reflecting this. Only thing is you must remember this, maybe write it in a memo book to yourself. I think this is hassle free, and easy to do. Good luck, I might copy this idea of yours! 🙂

Thank you Annette and Curtis!  Your suggested solution may be our only way to do this.  I was really hoping for a direct offer.  This guest comes from a culture where you do not pursue gifts offered them (even if they have been 'promised' to you like we would be doing with a promise of a discount).  Hence I was thinking the best way would be to actually send them something that they were 'given' instead of 'promised'.

Yet, I think you are correct.  Your suggestion is likely the best way to achieve what I'm trying to do here.

Thanks so much!  And I will mention it in host ideas!

you can also do something extra nice for them next time they visit, perhaps a nice bottle of wine, a gift certificate to a local restaurant, etc.. that way, they wouldn't have to "accept" any offer from you, if you see that potentially that would be awkward for them - it's just done...

Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Ginny0and @Annette0 & Curtis

We do something similar occasionally with our guests. We will let them know that there is a COUPON waiting for them in their account for $100 off their next stay with us, valid one year from the date of their check-out date. There's not much administrative cost in storing this discount since all future reservations with the same guest are located in the same message thread. Each time a returning guest writes a message, I'm sure to read the full thread anyway to get a refresher of the conversation with the guest.

Hi Deb,  That's an interesting way to approach it.  I like that.  So, to make sure I understand, you simply message the person via Airbnb telling them they have a $-- discount waiting for them, and when they next make a reserve request, you send them a special offer with the discount applied?

That's awesome!  Thank you!

I looked around a bit, but I can't find anything anywhre on how to issue a coupon to a particular guest and hve it stored in the system. all i find is how to use a coupon, issued by Airbnb. so how do you get it into the system, or are we still talking about doing it manually per special offer once the guest makes a reservation again?