Are reviews posted even if the host does not review or visa versa?

Mary987
Level 2
Princeton, NJ

Are reviews posted even if the host does not review or visa versa?

Guest left upon arrival and never returned until she brought back the key. Very poor communication. 

5 Replies 5
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mary987 host and guest both have 14 days in which to submit a review. As soon as the second party submits their review then both will be published.

If only one party reviews then that single review will still be published but only after the 14 day review period expires.

Best wishes

Paul.

Hello @Paul1255,

Thank you so much for the reply! I have had 24 guests & 24 great 5 star reviews. Just made Superhost so I’m worried about this person writing a bad review. When she arrived my Husband was welding in his workshop...he never works when guests are here...he just forgot.  She heard the noise & she said there was a smell. She contacted me & I immediately called him and he stopped. The shop has all professional end vents ect so it was cleared of any fumes in one to two minutes. I apologized & reassured her that the place was absolutely fine ( checked twice) & reimbursed her for one night. She just said she was staying with friends for the night then no contact, except to accept the reduction in fee. 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mary987 doesn’t sound like an ideal situation but things happen and it sounds like you dealt with it as best as possible.

The guest may well not leave a review, so I’d just wait it out- don’t review her at this stage as she will receive a notification that you have left her a review and this may prompt her to leave one so she can see yours 🙂 

If she does leave a review and you receive a notification of it, ensure you leave a review too- just keep it neutral and basic, as if you don’t then you won’t be able to leave a response under her review on your listing.

If she does leave you a review and it happens to be unfavourable you can reply underneath to explain the circumstances in a polite and factual way- and remember this “reply” is actually for your future guests rather than the guest that stayed.

With 24 5* reviews as you say, chalk this one down to experience- I’m sure that’s what future guests will think if she happens to leave a review and they see it.

Paul 🙂 

DeR Paul,

Thank you again for taking the time to leave me such sage advise. I really appreciate it! 

Best,

Mary

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You’re welcome @Mary987 🙂