Are some British airbnb hosts the most two faced/nastiest guests??

Venus4
Level 3
Newbury, United Kingdom

Are some British airbnb hosts the most two faced/nastiest guests??

Happened twice now -- in 2016 we hosted a couple who were also running AirBnB somewhere like 70 miles away from ours.....they were 2 hours late with no communication, all niceties when turned up  -- left the flat in a state (pillows and duvets on floor, gambling slips on dining table)  then had the nerve to leave a horrible review.  

Another couple did not follow the directions we gave them to find the flat, then parked a mile up the road, we had to walk and find them.....all niceties as usual ....  and complained about our directions when it came to the review.  Guess we should be thankful this group did not trash the place!  

You want to have hope in people but we are starting to think of trusting our gut instinct and turn down these guests as soon as there is an 'odd feeling'  (yes both groups gave us the heebie jeebies! ) 

18 Replies 18
Pat96
Level 8
Williamsburg, VA

Frankly, posting a better photo would give people a sense of respect or dignity. The current photo Vesus, is odd as I couldn't tell what you were doing or had in your mouth. Let us see the person who is hosting, not oranges

Krysti-and-Mom0
Level 1
Kingston, Canada

I have read all comments and am in same situation.I have so many problems with foreigners they break things and are so petty about everything it has forced me to put so much info in my listings that nobody wants to read it but when i do not have info they complain listing is not accurate. Due to this i do not use instant book. Yes I have had many problems causing huge amounts of damages to my rooms All cause of ignorance. I am host i have use airbnb 2x as i find very expensive everywhere i travel. I am a good guest i clean after myself and treat their home like I want my home treated. Have learned many cultures do things very differently expect so much for so little.  overttime the good will make up for the bad

Jeremy100
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I agree totally.  Only the guests from the UK ask for a 70% discount and treat the place like a drop in centre and want to be waited on hand and foot.  Give me Middle, Far East anyday.  All those reading this who take offence please make an orderly queue.

Bonjour,

I had a few British travelers.

If 2 of them left 4☆ , all the others were great and just happy to be in Paris.

I have a dear memory of very first of them as it was my very first guest.

Nice, careful and so joyful to be here.

He gave me such a positive image of airbnb travellers.

As many of you, i first thought the hosts are hard to please as they want your home like their home.

And i changed my mind with some nice hosts coming to my home.

@Venus4

You never had Duch guests, did you?

Come back when you'll have a Duch review.

It is quite... interesting.