As a host, how can I split a bill/reservation for a guest?

Kyle43
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

As a host, how can I split a bill/reservation for a guest?

I have a potential guest who wants to stay with me for a couple weeks. The first portion of the stay will be reimbursed by her company and the second portion is her personal trip. She needs a bill for just the first portion so she can submit the expense to her company. As a host, what is the best way to approach this scenario?

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Kyle43 Unfortunately Airbnb cannot issue two receipts for the same reservation.  Your guest will need to print out her receipt and note on it the amount that she needs to be reimbursed from her company.  The only other way would have been for her to make 2 separate reservations, one with a receipt for her company and one for personal travel. 

I would recommend that you or your guest provide feedback to Airbnb on this as this is a common question.  Here's how: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Wish I had a better answer!

Got it. Unfortunate, but thank you for your prompt reply Clare!

Wayne9
Level 4
Metairie, LA

Splitting the reservation into two separate ones would be a clean way to do it.  But if you do it that way and have additional fees like a cleaning fee, you should probably only charge for that once if it is a continual stay.

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

I had to do this for a guest....I simply wrote up an invoice on my letterhead ....I actually put the cleaning fee on that to save her a bit.  All her boss needs is paper trail.