Australian Hosts and Pricing Issues

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Australian Hosts and Pricing Issues

Over the weekend, several hosts posted here on the Community Center that the price for their listings is showing lower than they have set their rates.

I cannot confirm but it may be possible that Airbnb switched all the Australian accounts from displaying in AUD to displaying in USD.  I took two screenshots of calendars in USD and AUD.  If you see that their is no currency code beside the price, this means it is in USD currency.  If it has another currency, that currencies abbreviation will be beside the dollar amount (AUD, CAD, etc.)  You will probably need to change back to AUD if you would like to see your listing in AUD funds.  Instructions are found below.  You do not need to change the prices in your listing.

USD.png

AUD.png

To change the VIEW of the currrency, scroll down to the bottom of the page and change the USD to AUD and then you will see the prices on your calendar in AUD.

currency.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

18 Replies 18

What I need is to see the price in euro not australian $$

This is the core of my problem

Is there anyone I can speak to? 

I need to be able to see the quote in the currency seen by guest

Just send them a 'special offer' and be done with it. I believe that's what the function is there for 🙂
You will need to work out what to set your rate to in your currency in order to match theirs. You can do this with a currency converter like

www.xe.com
So if you agreed on a rate of $300 for the 2 apartments then use xe.com to work out how much that is in your local currency. Then, send them a special offer in your currency. Boom!

ALSO

You can change your global site currency and browse the site as a guest. Simple!

Note that you might be missing out on host guarantees/insurance if the guest does not book the properties using Airbnb. And you also lose out on credits toward superhost (if you aren't already one)

(deleted)