Automatic check-in email to guests after confirmed booking

Tracy-And-Imelda0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Automatic check-in email to guests after confirmed booking

Hello! 

We have been trying to figure out if there is a way to send guests an automatic email with check-in instructions after they have confirmed their reservation with us. 

Or at the very least sending a saved check-in response manually. 

If anyone has any insight, it would be super appreciated! 

Thanks! 

Tracy 

9 Replies 9
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This would be a great idea also that will come in handy while on vacation. 

Of course Airbnb won't like it because it bypasses the need to have a computer/tablet/iphone 'pager' around one's neck to beat that 24-hour clock.

There are a few services out there that do what you want.  We've been using http://superhosttools.com for ove a year now and couldn't be happier.  You can even set a delay to your messages and it won't send a responce to your inquires if you've already pre-appoved them.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

FWIW LockState offers this feature with their Airbnb integration.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

And you can certainly create and save your own email template to do it manually.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Edit-Saved-Messages/td-p/69819

Owen28
Level 2
St. Petersburg, FL

I use YourPorter to automatically send my messages. I really don't have to do anything to be honest. The app sends the following messages automatically: 

1. Confirmation message with info about the house (as soon as the guest instant books)
  2. Pre-check in message with key code
  3. A follow up, "Everything ok?" message the day after the guests arrive
  4. Pre-check out message
  5. Auto Review (which I change if the guests haven't been great).

I also use it to automatically send an FAQ answer for general inquiries if I'm not able to answer directly after a few hours (as a back up, to keep my response rate high). You can read my complete airbnb communication strategy here - http://bit.ly/2PEtGlv. 

Hope that helps.

Kris76
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Hi guys, I use and app called GuestHug  to automate my check-ins for me. My guests download the app via a link and the app has all the check-in details (including video guides). Once the guests arrive at the property the location of the guests is detected by their geo-location which automatically triggers check-in. It's a pretty cool tool and saves me heaps of time!

Steven614
Level 4
West Palm Beach, FL

I’m in my third week and I just have been using iOS notes to save a pasted note. I change the key code to one I add for the unique code for the booking timed to expire when that guest is due to check out and paste it to them.  I have a bit at the end about laundry I only include if they specifically request laundry.  As new things come up I’ll add other bits and add them as needed as well.  So far it does what’s needed for me. But I’m just doing one room and may move to 2 in the future. 

Jim-And-Erin0
Level 2
Texas, United States

Am I correct in understanding that AirBnB does not have a link on the site where I can automatically send a guests a confirmation email? I have to use something elese outside of AirBnB to send them one?

I created a very simple automatized check-in system. It basically detects a new reservation, generates a smart door code (only works for the duration of the reservation) and sends a welcoming message with the code to the guest.

Now I can sleep well and take all during-the-night reservations =D.