Bitcoin Payment Support Petition

Tim153
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Bitcoin Payment Support Petition

Hi all,

Following some discussion on these boards in the past year, I thought I'd start up a petition to submit to AirBnB. I'm sure many of you have found reaching the company when a problem arrises to be a frustratingly opaque experience that more often than not just gets you forwarded back to the community discussion. Whether the requests for payments/payouts to be processed for cryptocurrencies has been monitored by company reps is unclear, so if you support this new pay option, please take a second and add your name to this petition, to ensure an accurate representation of the hosting community is heard, and expedite this feature. I've linked the petition to Brian Cheskey and Chip Conley's public email addresses for high visibility.

https://t.co/W1vMXoVgdo 

3 Replies 3
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tim153,

Great to see you have been keeping an eye of topics here in the Community Center. It is lovely to meet you.

It is really interesting discussion you have started here and I have to admit, I actually don't know a lot about Bitcoin and othercryptocurrencies and I imagine there is likely to be other community members who don't either. With this in mind, it would be great to hear your thoughts on why you would really think Airbnb should introduce this payment option. Would you mind sharing a little more on this?

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

With the relatively limited mainstream exchange of crypto currencies, the current stopgap method most companies employ is treating bitcoin and the like as credit, making the actual transaction in cash transfer with either the pay, payment, or both being processed in bitcoin. The benefit to this system is flexibility. The host can choose payouts in bitcoin rather than USD, and the guest can choose the same, but on the back end, airbnb is still holding cash in escrow. For those that host in order to supplement their income for savings, having the option to receive direct deposit in bitcoin, rather than inflationary currency, would make those savings much more stable in the long term. Likewise, with a growing minority of people, particularly tech contractors, receiving payment in bitcoin, it would allow them to use their currency to travel without being affected by fees incurred when exchanging for dollars.

Buenos días , quisiera saber si las criptomonedas no han sido oficialmente aceptadas, por qué Airbnb hace las transferencias en criptomonedas, mi banco receptor está rechazando una transferencia de pago, porque en Bolivia esta modalidad no está regulada ni aceptada, quisiera saber, qué pasa cuando el banco rechaza el abono, el huesped realizó su pago, utilizó el departamento, y cómo hago para recibir ese pago en mi cuenta.