Blocked dates and visibility

Christina136
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Blocked dates and visibility

I wish to start renting my property in a few months from now so I have blocked the dates in between. However, I get an Airbnb message saying I need to unblock them in order for my property to appear on search results. Is there any way I can get around this? Thank you!!

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just snooze your listing until you  are ready to let it out.

Thank you, Helen! So is this how it actually works? If my first available date is, say, July 1st, I activate the calendar a day before?

Do you want people to book now for July dates, @Christina136? If so, then Snoozing won't work, since you won't show up until you Unsnooze (or List). You should be fine with just blocking the present dates and having the dates you want - July 1 and forward, for instance - unblocked. You can ignore some of the messages from Airbnb. They have no way of knowing your particular circumstances. I get emails telling me to open more dates in order to get more bookings. They don't know how and why that won't work here. 

So block as much as you want. You won't show up in a general search maybe, but you should show up if someone searches for certain dates in July. 

That's exactly what I had in mind, Lawrence, and thank you for explaining everything so well! To-the-point answer! Great help!

*Lawrene (apologies)