Body corporate rules and Airbnb

Mark14
Level 2
Redfern, Australia

Body corporate rules and Airbnb

Hi everyone, my body corporate is wanting to introduce a by-law to ban short term leasing, we have our AGM next month. Has anyone else living in a strata experienced this with their body corporate and if so how did you fare? There are 5 of us in my building that are Airbnb hosts and we all want it to continue. I am buoyed that the NSW Government will embrace the sharing economy. I would appreciate any advice from hosts who have been in a similar situation.

Have a great day everyone.

31 Replies 31
Diane260
Level 1
Surfers Paradise, Australia

My buidling is now saying they the original development approval lodged with local Qld council states minimum 3 month lease. Has anybody had this issue and sucessfully got around it

Josh146
Level 2
Katoomba, Australia

Hi All, 

We have a serious problem with a neighbour. Our apartment is quite different as it was built and has been ran as a holiday apartment for decades. But now he has made a false allegation of a noise incident to council. Council have now slapped a order on us to stop or pay a $5million dollar fine. Crazy I know. It's the blue mountains new south wales council. Can anyone recommend a lawyer who's dealt with these issues before. 

Kind regards, Josh