Boiler broke same day as guest arriving

Answered!
Tom269
Level 1
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Boiler broke same day as guest arriving

I have a booking for today, to my horror my boiler has stopped working, meaning i cant provide hot showers for the guests.

I have tried ringing air bnb however was unable to make out what the advisor was saying.

My only solution is to get my neighbour to host them, sadly i have had to do this privatley as couldnt get in contact with airbnb (harly ever reply fully to emails).

This is going to cost me a net loss of £28, which I can ill afford to lose.

I have a gas engineer coming out on Monday, same day as my next booking and wondering what to do, I have already forewarned my guests.

1 Best Answer
Linda468
Level 2
England, GB

I had a very similar situation today. My boiler broke this morning with guests due at 4pm. I messaged ahead to offer a full refund if they wanted to cancel their visit or a 50% discount if they wanted to stay without hot water or heating. They were very sympathetic to my predicament and decided as it’s the hottest week of the year they could manage and are now happily ensconced in my house 🏠

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

@Tom269 Murphy's law can be a pain some times.

Tom269
Level 1
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Thanks for taking the time to reply and providing that insightful philosophy.lol

Linda468
Level 2
England, GB

I had a very similar situation today. My boiler broke this morning with guests due at 4pm. I messaged ahead to offer a full refund if they wanted to cancel their visit or a 50% discount if they wanted to stay without hot water or heating. They were very sympathetic to my predicament and decided as it’s the hottest week of the year they could manage and are now happily ensconced in my house 🏠