Booking

Mariana393
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Booking

Good day

When my listing went live for the first time, I got a booking within 2 days for a family of 4.  My listing clearly says it is an entire place with 3 bedrooms, kitchen and other facilities, and each bedroom sleeps 2.  Price is R430/night but it is per room.   This family booked 2 rooms, but the payment is only for 1 room?  And now they also want each child to sleep in his own room - so in other words they have taken all 3 bedrooms, but they only pay for 1?  I dont want to become involved in a situation about money, but is there any way that I can make them understand that they have grossly undrpaid?  (without getting a bad review....)

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Mariana393,

The way Airbnb operates there is no facility to automatically charge per room. There is only, as you have set, the facility to charge per person.

Airbnb's system is that the price you set, with any added per guest charge, is for the entire place i.e. all 3 rooms in your case.

It is possible to charge per room but you have to

1) mention this in your description, house rules and messages to guests

2) try to get it from the guests after they've booked but before checkin by using Airbnb's resolution centre

Airbnb's policy does not allow collecting money outside of the aribnb platform.

Guests who have a confirmed reservation can't be charged any more than they've already paid Airbnb if those charges were not noted on the listing when they booked.

Steve.

Mariana393
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Steve.  Thank you for your response . As I am quite new to this I will check the wording on my listing to make sure that it is clear to avoid mishaps like this again. Thanking you kindly. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Mariana393 You have some serious issues with the way your property is set up. You rent your whole house for 6, for only 26 euros per night. You have two options here:

1) add an extra cost per person 

2) list each room idndividually and than list the whole property and  link the calendars. 

I suggest blocking your calendar utill you figure things out.