Brand new listing, how do i get my first bookings with no reviews?

David1705
Level 2
Big Bear Lake, CA

Brand new listing, how do i get my first bookings with no reviews?

How can I get listings with no reviews?  I was thinking of offering a low price, but seems like this may invite trouble.   Any suggestions for a first timer?

18 Replies 18

Will Airbnb downgrade me if i have a dedicated website for my listing?  

David1705
Level 2
Big Bear Lake, CA

@Rene-and-Zac0  thanks for the tip, i started and insta and facebook for the place.   lots of followers so far.

@Candace30  took your advice and offered up instant book...great idea.  Also turned on smart pricing, which seems to work.  than you!

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@David1705 Now start posting random things like the ski report or roads conditions. Like and follow Big bear ski resorts..all that stuff. Then you sneak in your weekend deals or screen shot post a review someone left.

The important thing is using a “hash tag”. That’s putting the # sign in front of anything . #ilovechucknorris . 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I offer a place which is kind of unique in my area, so that may be why, but I never put a lower price at the beginning (my place is one of the least expensive and nicest in its category in my area) never did instant book, or special offers, and I started getting bookings almost right away, even though of course there were no reviews yet. I did tell my first guest that I had just started hosting when she asked shortly after arrival, why I had no reviews, and she gave me a lengthy and really wonderful review, which really got things going.

If you post great photos, and can make your place unique in some way from all the rest of the competition in your area, that works well. Also how you come across as a host in your listing description- try to let your personality show through (assuming it's a good one, haha) while still being businesslike.

Don't be too anxious to give special deals or accept guests you don't like the feel of just so you can have that $ rolling in right away- you don't want your first hosting experiences to be crummy or stressful ones. If your hosting is good and your guests write good reviews, it will all unfold well for you. There's something to be said for taking it slow in the beginning while you learn the joys and pitfalls of being a host.