Business Travel Ready - CO detectors

Business Travel Ready - CO detectors

Hi all, 

We manager several properties in the South of France (close to 30). We want to update our listings as "Business Travel Ready" as they tick all the boxes except one: Carbon Monoxide detector: of course our properties that have gas are equipped with CO detectors, but there is no need to have them in our properties that do not have gas cookers or heaters. 

Does this mean we can't have listed as Business Travel Ready? It would be shame to miss out, just because of this. What are the legalities concerning this? 

Thanks.

Catherine

5 Replies 5
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

It can't hurt to get one. Even if you don't have gas appliances there can be CO from other sources. They're not expensive.

Mara43
Level 2
Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand

I am in a similar position in that my apartment is all electric, does not even have a gas barbeque nor is it connected to a garage where there could be a possible source of carbon monoxide.  I would rather spend $50 on a real rather than imagined improvement.

@Mara43, have you considered getting a combo smoke/CO detector? I've seen an inexpensive one (c. CAD $25) at Home Depot and if the link will show, here it is: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kidde-Battery-Operated-Combination-Smoke-and-Carbon-Monoxide-Alarm-with-V...

If you can make up the cost with even just one extra night booked, it may be worth it. 

Happy hosting, 

Betty

Aloha

I feel that this is an unnecessary expense to my units (4) that would be $100 when there is no "heating" of any kind needed in Hawaii.  I too would rather spend the money on a different type of improvement.

nan

Mara43
Level 2
Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand

Hi from New Zealand!  In the end I installed a CO detector to enable my apartment to be "Business Travel Ready", but in the months since then have not had one such booking.  So in this instance, it really was a waste of money!

Mara.