Calendar issues

Victoria165
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Calendar issues

Hi everyone,  just before Xmas I sat down and carefully synced my Airbnb calendar with my Stayz calendar.  As the two calendars will not 'talk' to each other this had to be done manually.  On Jan 5, I updated my listing including pricing and photos.  What I have now discovered (thanks to a booking request) is that all of my carefully blocked dates have disappeared!  The Airbnb bookings have remained, but the dates I marked 'blocked' seem to have spontaneously 'unblocked' themselves.  I think this is the second time this has happened.  The first time I thought it was a case of 'operator error', which is why I specifically sat down and carefully went over the dates so I KNOW with absolute certainty that I blocked these dates in the Airbnb calendar.  Can anyone shed any light on how I can avoid this in the future?  This is now the second time I've had to cancel on someone....

2 Replies 2
Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

There is not much feedback on sync, I posted a week ago a concern about this happening and was warned of problems.  I chose to go in one direction to have the ABB calendar export to Google and not to have my external calendar import into ABB.

What I found about exported appointments (.ics):

1. The end date on the appointment from ABB is the day before departure.  This makes it problematic to look at especially when I use the date to produce my cleaning schedule.

2. There is not enough information, I am still forced to manually update appointments to include the contact information and rate for the stay.

These are major issues and defeat the value to export/sync and until they are corrected for me I just chose to add the calendar to google so I can double check for not conflicts vs. import.  If you find an answer, please repost as I would like to hear of anyone that has been successful in maintaining just one system that works cross platform.

Sarah477
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

i have a calandar issue too. I misread the dates on a booking request (too early in the morning) and then had to cancel the booking immediatly after, as I had a friend staying with me for most of the booking. I had blocked those dates out, but obviously not correctly, because they showed vacant for this booking. I have then received an email and notification warning about my behavior and that I was 'Risking' having my account deactivated and that those dates would remain blocked on my calandar so I wouldnt get any other bookings. Punishment? Punitive education? I found it disrespectful, but I cannot find a "contact us" to help sort out the situation.

My friend is now NOT coming, and I emailed the guest back saying that, in the event he had not since found anywhere, my room is now available. He responded and would like to book it, but he can't bcause it remains blocked! 

PLEASE, anyone!

- How do I unblock the calandar

- Finalise the booking through ABNB, so they get their commission?

I am frustrated and unimpressed.