Calender

Giselle27
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Calender

Hi there, 
I am a host. I responded to a requestsaying that i couldn't rent because there was someone else interested.  I forgot to decline the request. now it has expired and my agenda is blocked. so now i cannot rent it to the other person, who showed interest first, however through message only. what can i do?

3 Replies 3
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Giselle based on what I know, there is nothing you can do to unblock these dates by yourself. Unfortunately, that is the consequences for not accepting/declining a request within 24hrs. You can always try to contact airbnb and explain the situation and ask for their assistance to see if they are able to help you unblock these dates and make an exception for this time.

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

Personally - and I may be wrong - I thought that "messaging" counted toward a "response rate" and that if you did not accept/decline, it expired and the blocks removed after 24 hours. Am I wrong? Maybe I am mixing two different issues.

I *know* I would've messaged why..then declined. Would that have counted against me as a host @Farah1? It would've cleared the dates...right?

Unfortunately, answering/responding/replying to a message does not count as a response, @Jann3

The clock still ticking until you pre-approve/decline an inquiry or accept/decline a reservation request.

Not making a decision within 24hrs to an inquiry affect your response rate.

Not making a decision within 24hrs to a reservation request will result in having the dates requested blocked from the calendar.

An inquiry does not block your calendar while a reservation request does. As soon as you decline a reservation request, it opens up the dates again, and if you accept then the dates blocked because the reservation is now confirmed/accepted.