Can a case manager give a refund directly to any guest without informing the host ahead?

Jo271
Level 2
Jackson, MS

Can a case manager give a refund directly to any guest without informing the host ahead?

8 Replies 8
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jo271  Yes, I've seen done a lot. Even though they are supposed to contact you, many times they never do espeically if it's extinuating circumstances. 

Thanks Letti for your response. What about if the guest complained that your place has molds on AC and that is the first complaint you ever received eversince, given that you had 5 stars rating on all categories, will that be considered extinuating circumstance?

@Jo271  Did they check in and check out immediately? If so, you better take pictures ASAP of the unit to prove their compaint is not factual. If it is a fact, I would think they get a full refund as mold is a safety/health issue.

She said she didn't stay. We had 2 people checked the place yesterday and they didn't find any problem at all. We have 26 reviews that is giving us 5 stars. We keep high stadard in our cleaning. This is not the question of giving out the refund. The issue is, can she just send without even listening to our side? I have been dealing with case managers in the past but they would always send a message or at times call to confirm. 

And now she is asking me what I want her to do since she can no longer reverse her decision. Is that fair?

One of the reviews we have below.

Jo was amazingly quick in responding to any question and the apartment was absolutely spotless! The place is a great space in a convenient location that I highly recommend!!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jo271  Tell her you want the case escalated. You should have been contacted, get the pictures now. They should not have refunded her the money. You want an investigation about this opened now. Where is her proof! She should have had to supply photo's to get the cancellation. Did she? I doubt it. I'll give you mine (your pictures).  

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

She said the guest sent her a picture but she can't send it to me due to privacy. What happened was she made her own decision without proper investigation.

We are very generous. We often give refunds to our guests despite of out strict cancellation policy and all those case manager that I have been dealing with even acknowledge how generous we are.

Her reasoning now is the fact that we offer a 50% refund to the guest proves that we acknowledge the issue in which we never did. We just offered her the refund out of good will.

@Jo271  Call and talk to another case manager about this. Can she actually see mold in the picture? Get an investigation going if you can. 

Will try to look into. Thank you so much.