Cancellation Questions

Answered!
Tihana0
Level 2
Osijek, Croatia

Cancellation Questions

Hi everyone!

I currently have two guests in my apartment who booked my place for one month. I gave them special offer. Now they decided to leave after 5 days and I don't know whats the procedure in such case.

I would like to give them refund and make my apartment available for future guests. But still, I would like to charge them for those five days full price (not special offer) because I made special offer based on one-month-stay.

Who has to change reservation, me or the guests? And how will they be refunded?

Thanks in advance,

Tihana

1 Best Answer
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

I'm not sure @Roger is correct with this one.

When a guest books for 28 days or more, it falls under the Long Term cancellation policy.

This is what happens below

If the guest books a reservation and decides to cancel the reservation DURING their stay, the guest must use the online alteration tool in order to agree to a new checkout date. Regardless of the checkout date chosen, the guest is required to pay the host for the 30 days following the cancellation date, or up to the end date of the guest’s original reservation if the remaining portion of the original reservation is less than 30 days.

You may of course give an additional refund on top, should you be inclined, via the resolution centre.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Roger17
Level 10
Thomaston, GA

Hi Tihana - with your moderate cancellation status, the guest will need to initiate the early cancellation via the Airbnb website. The moderate status states the following:  "If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, 50% of the accommodation fees for the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are refunded".  So once they initiate the cancellation, Airbnb will refund them 50% of the remaining nights (after the required 24 hours) and the other 50% goes to you.  I suppose you could choose to refund that amount to your guest or since your space has shown booked, it would be yours to keep if you so choose.  Regarding the full charges for the 5 days, I would start by calling Airbnb.  I could not find a # for Croatia but call toll free 855 424 7262. I hope this helps.  Best regards, Roger

Thank you for the quick response!

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

I'm not sure @Roger is correct with this one.

When a guest books for 28 days or more, it falls under the Long Term cancellation policy.

This is what happens below

If the guest books a reservation and decides to cancel the reservation DURING their stay, the guest must use the online alteration tool in order to agree to a new checkout date. Regardless of the checkout date chosen, the guest is required to pay the host for the 30 days following the cancellation date, or up to the end date of the guest’s original reservation if the remaining portion of the original reservation is less than 30 days.

You may of course give an additional refund on top, should you be inclined, via the resolution centre.

Thank you so much Elena!

Maureen29
Level 1
Horsefly, Canada

I have a guest who needs to cancel and her reservations tarts in 48 hours. She has been phoning and emailing me all day and says she can't find where to cancel  on her  airbnb reservation page.  I can't really help her with that and if I cancel it from my end, it looks like I will pay a penalty,  have my listing tempraorty suspended -  it looks dire. What can I tell her? Is there a help line or link for the traveller?